Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change - need advices .

Options
  • 29-01-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I am starting this topic in order to see if there is people with similar experiences to mine . I would like to hear from you .
    I am 22 years old and i am working just in a coffee shop . I used to like doing it but as time passes by i feel like im wasting my time . During the last 3 years i recently got the feeling that i need to change my life for the better because of all the stress that this job causes me for the amount that i earn. The job gives me crazy anxiety and i lose focus .

The problem is that i want to change and do graphic design . I started to look at graphic design and i know what the job is like . I started doing some small designs in illustrator and im learning a lot of theory at the moment , it makes me happy. I like doing it but i have no clue how i should go about advancing into a job as a graphic designer .

In secondary school i didnt do too well. But i have all subjects passed . I was thinking about doing a course but i couldnt find a one that would suit me since im working .

I would like to find a job as a designer .

Is it possible to find a job like this without college ?
    Would a good portfolio be enough ?
    Where could i gain experience ?

Advertisement