Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angelcare AC1100 Digital Video, Movement and Sound Baby Monitor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

139 now

Pity as im on the market for a decent one

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sounds like it was a different seller undercutting the norm. Have to watch out for those guys, they can sometimes be scams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Still under £100 for Prime members and you can get Prime free for a month. Just remember to cancel it.

Pique wrote: »
    Still under £100 for Prime members and you can get Prime free for a month. Just remember to cancel it.

Nope. Prime member here, and it's £139.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Nope. Prime member here, and it's £139.

What's the craic here, I just checked the link again and it's still 99.96??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

I'd recommend a webcam that works over the internet for this, instead of the baby monitor kits.
    The one I have was cheap and the app works anywhere you have internet on the phone, doesn't even have to be wifi. No worries about going out of range.
    You can set it to alert you with movement or sound.
    Just make sure you change the default password on it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Security-Two-Way-Service-Available/dp/B00ZZ4HX1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517223053&sr=8-1&keywords=zmodo

bigneacy wrote: »
    What's the craic here, I just checked the link again and it's still 99.96??

pics or gtfo :pac::pac:

EDIT: I see. The 6 new from £99.96

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My 2 cents - don't buy one! Nothing to do with scams or anything, they are just a nuisance.

We got one as a present, set it up, put the baby in and all's well with the world. Then......the damn thing goes off 10 times a day. Leading to all sorts of panic and running around the house in a frenzy. I ended up putting the breathing sensor in the bin and just using it as a sound monitor. It's just not worth the stress it causes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I would never use a webcam for my kids that is accessible over the internet. Numerous stories in the media recently about cameras getting hacked and live feeds accessible online. No thanks.

Like sbsquarepants said above, we stopped using the mat as it was going off all the time. Tried all sorts to get it to stop going off every 15 mins but in the end, it went into cupboard.

Great price OP. I can see it as 99.96 GBP prime member exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

My 2 cents - don't buy one! Nothing to do with scams or anything, they are just a nuisance.

We got one as a present, set it up, put the baby in and all's well with the world. Then......the damn thing goes off 10 times a day. Leading to all sorts of panic and running around the house in a frenzy. I ended up putting the breathing sensor in the bin and just using it as a sound monitor. It's just not worth the stress it causes!

I 've got the exact opposite experience. This thing is brilliant when it's setup correctly. We had it for our two kids plus we bought at least 2-3 to friends/family. The ease of mind you have with the breathing monitor deserves every single penny.

• Advertisement
Advertisement