Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes E220 won't start

Options
  • 29-01-2018 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

2011 model

Normal procedure Put key in, you hear an initialisation sound, turn and it starts.

Lately put key in, no sound, turn and doesnt start!
    All else works, central locking, boot lid etc

Happened one day, then worked the next, has happened a few times since, and working now.

Afraid it will let me down - Merecedes garage says it will be €800-€1000 plus, takes 5 days and they cant do it for a month!!

Help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How old is battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Have you tried with a spare key ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

Spare Key same issue
    Battery old alright but fine - able to eo central locking and pop rear lid etc

Weird one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭keithg89

rathlyon wrote: »
    2011 model

Normal procedure Put key in, you hear an initialisation sound, turn and it starts.

Lately put key in, no sound, turn and doesnt start!
    All else works, central locking, boot lid etc

Happened one day, then worked the next, has happened a few times since, and working now.

Afraid it will let me down - Merecedes garage says it will be €800-€1000 plus, takes 5 days and they cant do it for a month!!

Help!!!
    Done loads of these. Steering lock motor has failed. Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rathlyon

Carlow PM me

• Advertisement
Advertisement