Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working at a Design agency

Options
  • 28-01-2018 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone here work or have worked at a web design agency doing web development? Did you like it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭CookieLover

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Some context might help. "Web design agency" could be anything from a one-man shop to a industrial software development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've found very few Irish creative's online other than their own portfolio, company or cv sites. Maybe try glass door.

I'd expect it's a very deadline driven environment. I've only dealt with agencies from an out sourcing perspective. More focused on the visuals than development. I found agencies to have a low development skill level, but quite pressurised.

It would be interesting to try it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've never actually met a developer working in a web design agency. I wonder is that because they don't do much development mainly design. Or Maybe the salaries are too low. Maybe most development side work they outsource to contractors.

I don't know to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I would imagine it's endlessly churning out small to medium size projects. The tight deadlines will ensure you can't use the best practice patterns that you'd like to.

I wouldn't like it myself for those reasons but on the good side, there will be variety and I'd imagine almost all projects will be greenfield so no legacy stuff to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Maybe not quite the same, but this thread reminds me of when I worked for a while in the digital section of an Advertising Agency. I once witnessed a project manager tell a developer:
    "Project C is priority. It needs to be done by X"
    "But you told me that project A and B were priority. Which is it?"
    "They all are!"
    :rolleyes:

John_Mc wrote: »
    I would imagine it's endlessly churning out small to medium size projects. The tight deadlines will ensure you can't use the best practice patterns that you'd like to.

I wouldn't like it myself for those reasons but on the good side, there will be variety and I'd imagine almost all projects will be greenfield so no legacy stuff to deal with.

That’s what I assumed it would be like.

Maybe not quite the same, but this thread reminds me of when I worked for a while in the digital section of an Advertising Agency. I once witnessed a project manager tell a developer:
    "Project C is priority. It needs to be done by X"
    "But you told me that project A and B were priority. Which is it?"
    "They all are!"
    :rolleyes:

I’d say it can be quite stressful!

Advertisement