Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin exchange

Options
  • 28-01-2018 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    Friend damaged their garmin... it’s just out of warranty.
    I remember reading here that garmin do some form of exchange regardless of unit condition. Iirc they exchange your unit for a refurb.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction.
    Cheers.
    Marty.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just email them. Was it damaged through misuse or perhaps being dropped or did it simply stop working properly? Warranty is no use for the former anyway. In case of the latter or may just need a software upgrade/fix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Yeah it got a bang resulted in a chipped screen(I haven’t seen it)... and since the stop start button apparently isn’t working.
    It’s out if warranty anyway by a few months.
    So just mail them u reckon... she has done that so I’m guessing they’ll be back into her with options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I've done it before with a 500. I dropped it and smashed the screen. it cost me an odd amount for a refurbished one they sent in replacement - 53 euro seems to ring a bell but it was a while ago now.
    Definitely the email route though.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

This page list rates to repair out of warranty products, it looks like it's what you need

https://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Takca wrote: »
    This page list rates to repair out of warranty products, it looks like it's what you need

https://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html
    That page is only valid for the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

That page is only valid for the US.

Is there a Eu page? That’s what I’m looking for ideally!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Got a replacement 520 last week. A week turnaround. circa €90.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Mugser wrote: »
    Got a replacement 520 last week. A week turnaround. circa €90.

Mine stopped working last week, screen was cracked but working, not working at all now, dead as a dodo. So garmin will send me a new one (Refurb) out of warranty for €90?

Advertisement