Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train failure 19:00 Heuston-Cork

Options
  • 27-01-2018 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Currently on the 19:00 Heuston-Cork, sitting at Ballybrophy for the past hour & a half as train failed. A broken pipe between two carriages is the reason given. Train is Mk4. At first we were to wait on fitters to come & repair but now we'll be getting on board the 21:00 Heuston-Cork making an unscheduled stop at Ballybrophy.

Oddly we were delayed at Heuston before boarding, the gates only opened at 7pm. Reason given was a failed train. We boarded a train that had just arrived - the 16:20 Cork-Hueston I presume.

Unfortunately my trip onwards on the Kerry line is as yet undetermined, most likely a bus from Mallow as there is no connection off the 21:00 Heuston-Cork.

The only silver lining is the free tea & snacks (which are fast running out) and the fact I can claim the cost of the trip back from IR as we'll be more than two hours delayed.

Advertisement