Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip - further education ; distance learning from abroad options?

Options
  • 27-01-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello all,

I'm currently living abroad, still inside Europe. I have a degree in English and Geography and have been working as a preschool teacher for many years.

I'm planning to move back to Ireland in the next number of years and would ideally like to get into primary education. I realize I need my irish but that won't be too hard to sort, thankfully.

However the issue as I see it is I would need to complete my hdip. I would really like to tackle that while I'm still living away rather than arrive back and then be facing a couple of years study.

Does anyone know of a distance learning option that doesn't require me to be at a fixed university / college on a weekly basis for study weekends. I could be back once a quarter if push came to shove for a weekend.

Falling that, has anyone heard or know of a qualification that could be got via distance learning from another country that would be easy to convert or has equivalency?

Any help or advice is really appreciated

Advertisement