Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for mp3 player that also plays ogg files.

Options
  • 27-01-2018 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm looking for an MP3 player that also plays ogg (oga) files.

Can I simply connect an MP3 player to my computer (runs GNU/Linux) via a USB cable and copy over audio files onto the MP3 player storage? Or is special software required?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,304 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It depends on the mp3 player as they don't all work the same way. A lot of mp3 players work just like a usb thumb drive where the files can simply be copied over using your pc file browser without the need for any special software. Cowon mp3 players will play ogg files. If you don't care about the quality of your ogg files you could just convert them to mp3 and play them on a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Several Sandisk (Sansa) players will do OGG, if you're looking for a brand available in physical stores. Plus any device that supports Rockbox installation (a custom firmware for mp3 players) will likely do it as well.

Advertisement