Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window costs?

Options
  • 27-01-2018 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,

Currently looking to replace 7 double glazed windows in my house.
    Have received a few quotes for Triple Glazed and because of the huge variance in quotes received, I am hoping that some of the knowledgeable posters on here can give a realistic ballpark on what I've specced?Windows are white UPVC, and quoted U values as specced are .8-.9
    Window sizes are HxW

105 x 135 Ground floor rear
    190 x 178 Ground Floor front
    86 x 89 Landing Light
    60 x 86 Bathroom
    110 x 178 Bedroom Front
    105 x 155 Bedroom Rear
    105 x 90 Boxroom Rear

Any advice appreciated folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭banie01

In case its of any help to others the quotes I receiived for this job varied
    from 3k to 4k for double glazed at U-Value of 1.1 -1.2 located in the Mid West.

And 3.4k to 4.5k triple glazed at U value 0.8-0.9.

All very similar frame profile systems and furniture options, for me it boiled down to service offered when quoting.
    I've gone with the WeatherGlaze supplier and lead time was a factor for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Who2

banie01 wrote: »
    In case its of any help to others the quotes I receiived for this job varied
    from 3k to 4k for double glazed at U-Value of 1.1 -1.2 located in the Mid West.

And 3.4k to 4.5k triple glazed at U value 0.8-0.9.

All very similar frame profile systems and furniture options, for me it boiled down to service offered when quoting.
    I've gone with the WeatherGlaze supplier and lead time was a factor for me too.
    A lot will depend on the openings whether they are tilt and turn, side opening, top opening etc. what is the internal finish? This will have a bearing on the fitting charge. At .8-.9 u value they will probably be going with a 70mm Camden window with an a rated warm edge glass. A lot of of the window crowds are using the same supplier from up north but a lot will depend on which grade Pvc they go with or whether there is steel incorporated in the frame. Did you price Munster joinery? At 4.5 you’d buy there 90mm future proof treble glazed, foam filled frame with a u value of .7. Regardless of what people say they have one of the best windows on the market currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

What kind of windows do you looking for? PVC, Aluminium, timber, Alu-clad? What type of locks? What type of glass? To many variables here.

Advertisement