Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green reit , IRES , Hibernia cannot purchase shares

Options
  • 26-01-2018 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I spoke to interactive investor (new name for TD trading) yesterday.

They said they will no longer sell shares without KID / KIID documents. Applies to all Irish Reits.

Anyone have same problem with othe brokers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭littlevillage

I wonder is there some reason why the 3 Irish REITs cannot provide KID's ? or is it just that they were caught on the hop....and didn't sort themselves out in time for KIID to KID changeover?

If shares cannot be bought/sold ....that serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnsmyth123

I wonder is there some reason why the 3 Irish REITs cannot provide KID's ? or is it just that they were caught on the hop....and didn't sort themselves out in time for KIID to KID changeover?

If shares cannot be bought/sold ....that serious.

No restriction on sale.

I cant purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

surely though other people can buy the shares?

Otherwise if nobody can buy...you cant sell.

So how are the others buying shares? Through a different broker/market maker?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnsmyth123

daheff wrote: »
    surely though other people can buy the shares?

Otherwise if nobody can buy...you cant sell.

So how are the others buying shares? Through a different broker/market maker?

I expect it only impacts retail customers. Probably no impact on financial institutions buying shares. As in I can sell to pension fund or the like.

Also , I wonder if all brokers are treating new rules the same. Other users have posted that they bought reit shares in 2018 suggesting all brokers not applying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have some through Degiro. Looks like I can buy more. Haven't gone through with a purchase though.

Advertisement