Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 27th January

Options
  • 26-01-2018 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I took a piece of Colin's sister at 12s in the Cleeve hurdle tomorrow.

She's beaten Wholestone twice over 3 miles. Obviously she's got to reverse form with beer goggles but I think that win from beer goggles was a bit of a fluke.

I reckon ex Patriot @33s looks like a bit of ew value here too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

There is an interesting race at Kempton tonight, the 20:15 featuring a €1.4 million horse, Walk In The Sun, having a first run as 5/4 favourite in a 14 runner race.
    £3,881 to the winner.
    I'm having €10 at 220 Barritus for an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thumb Stone Blues my only bet tomorrow in what looks a wide open race.

Goes well fresh and will love the ground. 12s very fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thumb Stone Blues my only bet tomorrow in what looks a wide open race.

Goes well fresh and will love the ground. 12s very fair.

20’s into 10’s tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

diomed wrote: »
    There is an interesting race at Kempton tonight, the 20:15 featuring a €1.4 million horse, Walk In The Sun, having a first run as 5/4 favourite in a 14 runner race.
    £3,881 to the winner.
    I'm having €10 at 220 Barritus for an interest.
    Watched the replay. In racing parlance, your horse was given a "handy debut". More to come, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Doncaster 2.40.

I'm going to forgive Dame Rose 10/1 for her last run when she was stepped up on heavy ground and subsequently pulled up. The concern here is that she's a novice in open company but I think that 10/1 is a good price against what looks like an average bunch.

• Advertisement

BumperD wrote: »
    20’s into 10’s tonight

Missed 16s but thought that was as big as it was. Bollox anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Russell in Doncaster today on a few that might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I really like Apple’s Shakira and is winning as it should be but Espoir Dallan for me has looked better and possibly vs better company beating Michouka. Apples is keeping his price high enough and the 8/1 is tempting.

madmoose wrote: »
    I really like Apple’s Shakira and is winning as it should be but Espoir Dallan for me has looked better and possibly vs better company beating Michouka. Apples is keeping his price high enough and the 8/1 is tempting.

I'd agree with you that Apple's is creating value in the market. I'd be eyeing up we have a dream though. I thought he was ultra impressive in the finesse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Kings Odyssey 9/1for me at 1.50 in Cheltenham. 3rd in the Caspian and has not gone up much for that. Gerrithy on board in Cheltenham is a plus.

Went for Political Policy 7/1 in the 3.20 in Fairyhouse. Dundalk followers would be well aware of him. Has won nine times on the flat and wouldn't be surprised if he went close.

Went for American 5/1 to turn over BDM today don't think hr gave a true account of himself the last day out. Really good horse and wouldn't be surprised if he won here.

My only bets today. Any winnings go straight to the Cheltenham Ante Post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

madmoose wrote: »

Will JP allow them to run against each other or split them up, if I was backing either it would have to be NRNB

Euro Yankee on the below for a small interest in some of the races on ITV

Coo Star Sivola
    Samual Jackson
    Definitely Red
    Slate House

I missed the price for coo star sivola, I was worried about the quality of the race and I really like frodon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Apples Shakira will run in Mares Novice
    Penalty kick of a race for it
    Wouldnt beat Espoir
    Take the easy win

handsfree2 wrote: »
    I missed the price for coo star sivola, I was worried about the quality of the race and I really like frodon.

Should have backed frodon, hopefully coo star sivola gets the weight he needs to get into the novice handicap chase.

Lizzy threw the race away.

Can't really see Bristol de Mai being beaten but he's a little short for me.

Lizzy threw the race away.

She was beaten 20 lenghts ffs and the winner will prove to be top class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Exciting little finish there

danganabu wrote: »
    She was beaten 20 lenghts ffs and the winner will prove to be top class

Lizzy took the horse very very wide around the last bend. She probably lost the 20l there. The horse was traveling as well as anything at that point.

The winner is a grade 1 winner but is probably a grade 2 horse. A likeable sort at the right class. .

Lizzy took the horse very very wide around the last bend. She probably lost the 20l there. The horse was traveling as well as anything at that point.

Ah here :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Apples Shakira will run in Mares Novice
    Penalty kick of a race for it
    Wouldnt beat Espoir
    Take the easy win

May well happen but they have Countister for that who will go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Haha, shouldn't have went so wide would've won doing handstands otherwise. :D Tea for Two too big here considering Kempton run at christmas. Taking him e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Strange ride on American there. Let the other 2 get first run on him then came again jumping tje last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Unless it rains from now until the 16th of March I can't see BDM running in the Gold Cup. Should be winning races like this. Looked tired so the extra few furlongs could be a struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Nigel annoyed = me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Tought Davy wasn't great there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

stretchaq wrote:

Horse wasn't helping him in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

stretchaq wrote: »

Thought he did brilliantly to get as close as he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,877 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Wakanda fought hard, led before 3rd out, had 3 ahead of him at 2 out, 4 ahead at 1 out and then fought back to win.

• Advertisement

stretchaq wrote: »

He gave it a textbook ride

Advertisement