Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Kona - thoughts?

Options
  • 26-01-2018 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

I see that the Kona comes in a 1.0 and 1.6L - I currently drive a 1.6L avensis (07, 225k on the clock) so assume that I'd probably want the 1.6L Kona.

What are your thoughts on the two engine sizes? I don't drive far/much (school runs, local shops etc) but do a lot of motorways so would I be mad to go back to a 1.0L if I'm used to a bit of power from the 1.6L avensis?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The 1.0 will be nippier than your Avensis as it’s turbocharged and your car is relatively slow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,690 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

@ OP You should check out the Kia Stonic and Seat Arona as well before making up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Really tempted for the Kona here too, looking and tested executive, lovely drive

Havent seen Arona and looks interesting, think the Stonic might be out of my price though

Great to hear from anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 33,745 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Would advise test drive both.

No one can tell you what your own experience will be like. It's alot of money to spend to be unhappy with the driving experience

youngblood wrote: »
    Really tempted for the Kona here too, looking and tested executive, lovely drive

Havent seen Arona and looks interesting, think the Stonic might be out of my price though

Great to hear from anyone else
    Look at a T-Roc too.

• Advertisement

Im really trying to move away from VW/Seat, the costs of repairs with my last 3 cars have been huge

(in general are VW repairs generally more expensive than similar repairs in less well regarded brands? My experience is based on dealing with VW and repairs completed there not an independent)
    Looks lovely though

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Philb76

Seem to be following the Tucson flying out of the showroom seeing them everywhere think they look great

Hyundai have a deal on at the moment

http://www.hyundai.ie/home/offers.html

Im looking to buy new so wont be trading in or availing of PCP or HP

Am I entitled to the 5 year servicing if I get deal done by the 19th April?

Can anyone with any experience in this area tell how that works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

kulekat wrote: »
    I see that the Kona comes in a 1.0 and 1.6L - I currently drive a 1.6L avensis (07, 225k on the clock) so assume that I'd probably want the 1.6L Kona.

What are your thoughts on the two engine sizes? I don't drive far/much (school runs, local shops etc) but do a lot of motorways so would I be mad to go back to a 1.0L if I'm used to a bit of power from the 1.6L avensis?

Cheers!!

It might be worth getting the electric version. It will have a 64kWh battery on it. Will do about 400km before charging.

Sound good for what you are talking about.....

How much motorway driving are you talking about?

Other option is Toyota C-HR which are nice.....

This might give you some ideas
    https://www.whatcar.com/small-suv/

youngblood wrote: »
    Hyundai have a deal on at the moment

http://www.hyundai.ie/home/offers.html

Im looking to buy new so wont be trading in or availing of PCP or HP

Am I entitled to the 5 year servicing if I get deal done by the 19th April?

Can anyone with any experience in this area tell how that works?

Getting a few grand ‘scrappage’ off would be better than a few services. Have you a car to trade in?

• Advertisement

No car

So did anyone buy one?
    Interested to hear how your finding it?
    Is there a more appropriate thread?

Advertisement