Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer won't give p45, revenue no help

Options
  • 25-01-2018 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So

My job finished 26th Dec. (Seasonal)
    Collected my last wages a week later. (Fully prsi registered etc just got payment in cash.)
    I have contacted about p45 and they said it's to do with head office (it's a franchise), so have ignored my requests.

I contacted revenue and the guy on the phone said yes we will send a p43 and forward on the details.

Then I got a reply in the 'myenquiries' section, which said as your date of cessation is the 13th of January, you need to request a p60 from your employer yourself.

Aren't they two different documents? I can't get a p45 from them, so how am I supposed to wrangle a p60?

I am on BTEA and need the p45 to prove my employment has ended. What do I do about this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,523 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Tell them the P45 isn’t available, pass the employers details directly to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the reply.

I have given them the details and explained the story and they said they would acquire it for me.

Then I got an email a few days later saying :

Revenue have received pay and tax details for your employment with XXXXXX for 2018. The cessation date is stated as 14/01/2018. In relation to your pay and tax details for 2017, because XXXXXXX have informed us that you only finished with them in January of this year, a P60 will have to be sought by you from your employer for the year 2017. Kind regards, XXX

I finished in December and got my last wage on the 30th, so I just don't understand this message and what I need to do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,523 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

bloooo wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I have given them the details and explained the story and they said they would acquire it for me.

Then I got an email a few days later saying :

Revenue have received pay and tax details for your employment with XXXXXX for 2018. The cessation date is stated as 14/01/2018. In relation to your pay and tax details for 2017, because XXXXXXX have informed us that you only finished with them in January of this year, a P60 will have to be sought by you from your employer for the year 2017. Kind regards, XXX

I finished in December and got my last wage on the 30th, so I just don't understand this message and what I need to do?!

Tell them your old employer will not help you nor provide a P60.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Tell them that your old employer has entered an incorrect cessation date. Show them your last pay slip to verify this.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Your cessation date is in 2018. Your p45 has to be issued with a 2018 date on it.
    Your employer is obliged to provide you with a p60 for 2017. A p60 is a statement of your gross earnings, tax deducted, usc and prsi payments.
    You have to follow up with your employer in realtion to p45. Were you paid all of your leave you were entitled to? Perhaps that is the delay and the reason they ended your employment in 2018.
    You need to contact the head office and look to speak to the payroll controller.

• Advertisement
Advertisement