Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CI Membership and Club Fees

Options
  • 25-01-2018 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Look at attached image.

Does this mean that club affiliation with CI has not been completed yet and if I renew my license now it will not be sent out until club affiliation is completed ?

I'm wary because there was a big administrative mess up last year with licences and some hassle involved in sorting it out.

When most of you go into the portal are you seeing a different club fee status ?

I'm basically trying to ascertain if club membership renewal is sorted (secretary thought it was last year but it wasn't) and the path is all clear for membership renewal.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,639 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Club secretary needs to set up the payment process with Cycle Ireland. CI can't process it because it isn't set up by your club.

That's how I see it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Can you have membership and insurance and not be part of a club?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

It could be,

A: Your club hasn't paid affiliation fees yet

B: Your club hasn't setup the fee collection process through CI yet

C: You are caught in one of the myriad bugs that affect some people in the system

B is the most likely, but C is a strong possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Can you have membership and insurance and not be part of a club?
    Yes, but a licence costs €30 more for unattached members.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

nilhg wrote: »
    It could be,

A: Your club hasn't paid affiliation fees yet

B: Your club hasn't setup the fee collection process through CI yet

C: You are caught in one of the myriad bugs that affect some people in the system

B is the most likely, but C is a strong possibility.

Does B mean the fee hasn't been paid or does it mean it hasn't been paid in a particular way ?

I would love to see a big red notice on the portal saying you can renew if you wish but your card will not be sent out as your club has not completed its registration process...

• Advertisement

Does B mean the fee hasn't been paid or does it mean it hasn't been paid in a particular way ?

I would love to see a big red notice on the portal saying you can renew if you wish but your card will not be sent out as your club has not completed its registration process...

I gather it means that it hasn't been paid in a particular way as just heard a club mate just got his license

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

I'm the Club Secretary for our cycling club.  This year we set it up such that our Club Fees are paid through Cycling Ireland.  The money is then transferred to our bank account via Stripe.  So when you renew your licence you have no option but to purchase the club fees (as an addition).  If you are transferring from another club, and your licence is not up for renewal, then you have the option  of 'Buy Club Fee' under the main Menu.  As far as I know it has nothing to do with Club Affiliation.
    So it looks like your club has not set it up they way we have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

youtheman wrote: »
    I'm the Club Secretary for our cycling club.  This year we set it up such that our Club Fees are paid through Cycling Ireland.  The money is then transferred to our bank account via Stripe.  So when you renew your licence you have no option but to purchase the club fees (as an addition).  If you are transferring from another club, and your licence is not up for renewal, then you have the option  of 'Buy Club Fee' under the main Menu.  As far as I know it has nothing to do with Club Affiliation.
    So it looks like your club has not set it up they way we have it.

I'm outgoing Chairman of our club and had some experience in navigating through the CI system, to me it looks exactly as youtheman has said or B in my post above, but having said that some of our members, 2 or3 in 60 odd, have had strange issues with the system which never seem to be the same and don't seem to have a rational explanation, contacting CI usually gets it sorted, but I know 1 at least of them has had issues again this year. There also seems to be issues with the members who signed up for 5 year licences having licences issued without having paid the current club fee, our tresurer is looking into this at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Hi Guys,

Look at attached image.

Does this mean that club affiliation with CI has not been completed yet and if I renew my license now it will not be sent out until club affiliation is completed ?

I'm wary because there was a big administrative mess up last year with licences and some hassle involved in sorting it out.

When most of you go into the portal are you seeing a different club fee status ?

I'm basically trying to ascertain if club membership renewal is sorted (secretary thought it was last year but it wasn't) and the path is all clear for membership renewal.

Thanks

I just logged in and checked our club portal, that just means your club have not setup your clubs membership fees through the CI portal.
    You will most likely have to pay the club fee to your secretary.
    The affiliation fees to CI/Munster are different and your licence won't be sent out till they are paid.

mamax wrote: »
    I just logged in and checked our club portal, that just means your club have not setup your clubs membership fees through the CI portal.
    You will most likely have to pay the club fee to your secretary.
    The affiliation fees to CI/Munster are different and your licence won't be sent out till they are paid.

It was the affiliation fees to CI/Munster I was wondering about and that was what I thought the club fees were about. Now I understand.

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

There are two separate fees, one to CI and one to Leinster. Whats the one for Leinster for?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

To fund cycling leinster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

To fund cycling leinster

Does CI not do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Borderfox wrote: »
    Does CI not do that?
    to a degree but a couple of years ago the CI agm approved the levy to fund the provinces the way Ulster was already.

Advertisement