Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Garda Payscale/Allowances

• 25-01-2018 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ pedrigo

Hi,

I'm hoping to apply to join An Garda Síochana in the next recruitment drive but just have a few questions surrounding payscale and allowances. On attestation I will be elligible for a basic salary of €28,405 plus whatever O.T. and unsociable hours allowances. It says that as I have a 3rd level degree after 2 years I can apply for an additional 2/3 increments.

So my first question is, in addition to the basic salary, on average how much is O.T. and unsociable hours worth per year? (Roughly)

Secondly, does a 3rd level degree qualify you for 2 or 3 increments?

And finally, will you always be 2/3 increments ahead of somone who does not have a 3rd level degree or is this a once off payment?

Any info/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement