Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Payscale/Allowances

Options
  • 25-01-2018 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I'm hoping to apply to join An Garda Síochana in the next recruitment drive but just have a few questions surrounding payscale and allowances. On attestation I will be elligible for a basic salary of €28,405 plus whatever O.T. and unsociable hours allowances. It says that as I have a 3rd level degree after 2 years I can apply for an additional 2/3 increments.

So my first question is, in addition to the basic salary, on average how much is O.T. and unsociable hours worth per year? (Roughly)

Secondly, does a 3rd level degree qualify you for 2 or 3 increments?

And finally, will you always be 2/3 increments ahead of somone who does not have a 3rd level degree or is this a once off payment?

Any info/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement