Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords Advanced Socket Sets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

The socket police will be along soon.....and they are nasty.

Farmer Bob wrote: »

I'd be all over this if i wasnt smashed,
    My tool box is spilling over with sockets:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

In case anyone is on the fence in this, these tools truly are a step above regular stuff. They're all weighted correctly and feel great to hold. The surface finish is very polished but not slippy.

The tools themselves have a lovely stiffness, that allows a minimal amount of flex when cracking open a seized nut. Any stiffer and you might be concerned it would snap.

The tools are great, just buy them and you'll see why people love them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

corglass wrote: »
    In case anyone is on the fence in this, these tools truly are a step above regular stuff. They're all weighted correctly and feel great to hold. The surface finish is very polished but not slippy.

The tools themselves have a lovely stiffness, that allows a minimal amount of flex when cracking open a seized nut. Any stiffer and you might be concerned it would snap.

Agree 100%. I have a set about 4 years and they have never let me down, great quality.

In saying that, I dont think I have ever seen them at "full price". They always seem to be on some sort of a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

corglass wrote: »

+1
    Have them meself for a few years and they have been worked hard enough and there all perfect still! Only negative is the box they come in is pretty s**t.
    Only thing is the little lad had gotten his hands on a few pieces of them and lost them!!!
    Annoys the s**t out of me opening it and seen empty spaces :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Farmer Bob

I forgot to say as well that if you can show some kind of connection to the motor trade, you can apply for a trade card and get more money off..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bought this set years ago. Brilliant quality and use them regularly. Buy them now and any amateur mechanic will have them forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I forgot to say as well that if you can show some kind of connection to the motor trade, you can apply for a trade card and get more money off..

Trade discount is only off full price.
    You can use the axa card if you have it to get 10% off

I got a set of spanners years ago and cant fault them.
    I only had a minor issue with the clip on the screwdriver and they replaced it straight away.

Ive used the set for everything from minor maintenance to a full engine swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

10% off with this voucher :)

Halfords-group-scheme (1)-1 (1).pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Trade card won't discount tools already on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Alfie1 wrote: »
    10% off with this voucher :)

Halfords-group-scheme (1)-1 (1).pdf

Cheers for that. 170 piece set was €140 with this voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I bought the 150-piece socket set in 2009 for €125. It is fantastic.

Advertisement