Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost New Build

Options
  • 25-01-2018 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We have a site offered to us, and it's 80k. Which I think is ok for 0.6 acres. It's in Kildare.

I've been in touch with several architects with budget in mind. However, getting some negative feedback based on our budget.

Basically, we're thinking of a total cost of €320k - 80k for site, leaves 240k for the rest, architect/solicitor fees etc approx 40k - that leaves about 200k for the rest of the build.

Looking for approx 1500-1800sqft or whatever that kind of money can get us.

However, the feedback from architects thusfar is that it's not enough.

What would it actually cost start to finish, including site cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

When you add services like 16k for council fees, connection fees for water and electricity it adds up as well. I reckon you need a total budget of 400k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭dubrov

I'd say 400k is a very generous estimate.

You'll need to contact a local quantity surveyor to get an accurate estimate of prices.

Be aware the estimate would be very dependent on the spec. For example, you can spend 4k or 40k on a kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tbonesteak

Thanks

We have a good idea on specs and we've discussed at length. 10k max on the kitchen.
    Main rooms would be kitchen/dingin come living area, and main bedroom.

the rest of house can be fairly standard in terms of window, floor space, enough for a double bed and a small wardrobe space.

It would only be a 3 bed max, with a study.

But thanks again, we have some serious thinking to do.

Advertisement