Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter bike help - Planet Parkway Hybrid

Options
  • 25-01-2018 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I'm looking to get a bike to do a 20 min commute from Clontarf to IFSC. I was hoping to get something cheap and cheerful that I won't be overly upset about if it gets stolen but is still comfortable. I've had a look around on threads and couldn't really find an answer... I was hoping to get something for less than €300?

My apologies if there is already a thread on this, please feel free to direct me there.

I was looking at the Planet Parkway Hybrid and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts? At my budget is it a case that anything will do or would you say there is something to look out for? I guess I'm looking to start off right so that I'll stick with it.

https://www.bikeexchange.ie/a/hybrid-bikes/planet/dublin/dublin/planet-parkway-ladies/6819

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Parkways are fairly heavy (cheap steel frame), but are surprisingly durable, if they're not left out in the rain 24/7.

You could do a lot worse in this price bracket, but take a test ride to see if the weight annoys you or not. if you like it, get the shop to change the tyres to something with better puncture protection, if you're commuting (originals have no protection, and only take 5.5 BAR/75PSI, which is a bit average).

Advertisement