Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice buying online

Options
  • 24-01-2018 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm just wondering if anyone can give advice on buying a Sim free unblocked phone online?

I was searching through and all I could find was a thread from 2010 which is probably out of date now!

Basically i'm looking at 1 of probably 3 different brands (Samsung S8+, Huawei Mate 10 or OnePlus 5T)

If i'm going for the OnePlue I will get it directly and shouldn't be a problem, however there is huge variation in prices online for the other 2, what should I be careful of? Anyone have good or bad experiences with any particular sites?
    Assuming also that I'd want to keep it with EU in terms of customs, but outside of that not sure what else I should or shouldn't be looking at!

Or better again, does anyone know any shops in Ireland that aren't a ridiculous price for unblocked phones like the network shops are?

Thanks,

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Argos and Amazon are the main sites for SIM free phones.
    Also check Amazon.de, they may be cheaper than UK site.
    Check the Android forum for more info.

The term used for SIM free is "unlocked"
    "Blocked" is used to describe phones that have been blocked by a network (Eir, Vodafone, Three etc) if it has been stolen etc

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Thanks for that, I will check out them sites and see what kind of prices are available!

Advertisement