Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO question

Options
  • 24-01-2018 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

This might be a really stupid question but:

When sending documents to CAO (i.e. College transcripts) do we also have to send leaving certificate transcripts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

No, just your college transcripts. :)

Which university are you putting down as your first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Ariana Grande

No, just your college transcripts. :)

Which university are you putting down as your first choice?

Thank you! That's great, I really didn't want to pay 15 Euro to get my LC transcripts lol.

I'm thinking UL so I can apply for their scholarship scheme (hoping and praying to get it lol). Then RCSI and UCD. What about you? (Or are you already a med student?) :)

Thank you! That's great, I really didn't want to pay 15 Euro to get my LC transcripts lol.

I'm thinking UL so I can apply for their scholarship scheme (hoping and praying to get it lol). Then RCSI and UCD. What about you? (Or are you already a med student?) :)

No, I'm applying this year too! I have UCD down first. :) I sat the GAMSAT in September so I think I should have enough to get in. Are you sitting the exam in March? Have you finished your degree yet?

No, I'm applying this year too! I have UCD down first. :) I sat the GAMSAT in September so I think I should have enough to get in. Are you sitting the exam in March? Have you finished your degree yet?

Aw congrats :D

Yes I’m sitting in March. This is my first time sitting and I feel like I still have so much to work on lol I’ve been studying since October lol.

Yeah I got my degree in September so I’m putting all my energy into this lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

Do we send college transcripts online or in post?

• Advertisement

Aw congrats :D

Yes I’m sitting in March. This is my first time sitting and I feel like I still have so much to work on lol I’ve been studying since October lol.

Yeah I got my degree in September so I’m putting all my energy into this lol :)

You'll be fine! Are you from a science background? I think practising the questions is the best way to prepare for the exam, so if you have the Acer papers, Des O'Neil etc then I'd recommend going through those. :)
    yamadeejit wrote: »
    Do we send college transcripts online or in post?

You can send them by post. There's no option to submit them online. They also have to be the original copies that you send them, can't be photocopies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AthenaFortuna

Does anyone know if we have to fill out the mature student section of the CAO application?

Does anyone know if we have to fill out the mature student section of the CAO application?

No we don't need to fill out that section. I think it comes up automatically if you're over 23.

You'll be fine! Are you from a science background? I think practising the questions is the best way to prepare for the exam, so if you have the Acer papers, Des O'Neil etc then I'd recommend going through those. :)

Sorry for the late reply! Studying has definitely consumed my life at this stage lol. No I'm not from a science background, but my bf did his masters in organic chemistry and his degree in chemistry, biology and physics so I am really lucky that he's willing to help me out.
    I'm coming from a Sociology and Geography degree so it's helpful for section 1 and 2 (I feel anyway lol).
    I've been studying for months now and finally built up the confidence to attempt practise exams under gamsat guidelines. Science is still a struggle but I still haven't finished the course (I've been using Khan Academy for learning the material and Des o Neill's for his exam questions.)

Sorry for the late reply! Studying has definitely consumed my life at this stage lol. No I'm not from a science background, but my bf did his masters in organic chemistry and his degree in chemistry, biology and physics so I am really lucky that he's willing to help me out.
    I'm coming from a Sociology and Geography degree so it's helpful for section 1 and 2 (I feel anyway lol).
    I've been studying for months now and finally built up the confidence to attempt practise exams under gamsat guidelines. Science is still a struggle but I still haven't finished the course (I've been using Khan Academy for learning the material and Des o Neill's for his exam questions.)

I used Khan Academy and Des O'Neill too! Don't get too disheartened by practise tests. For the Acer tests I got about 58/110 in both tests, whereas I received 67 in the actual GAMSAT for section III. Sounds like you're been working hard for the exam, fingers crossed it will pay off for you. :)

• Advertisement

I used Khan Academy and Des O'Neill too! Don't get too disheartened by practise tests. For the Acer tests I got about 58/110 in both tests, whereas I received 67 in the actual GAMSAT for section III. Sounds like you're been working hard for the exam, fingers crossed it will pay off for you. :)

Khan Academy is so amazing, those people deserve awards for those videos lol.
    Do you think the ACER tests are worth the cost? I’ve just been going with Des O Neil’s exams.
    Thanks, I’m really just hoping it works out and all this study pays off lol.

Khan Academy is so amazing, those people deserve awards for those videos lol.
    Do you think the ACER tests are worth the cost? I’ve just been going with Des O Neil’s exams.
    Thanks, I’m really just hoping it works out and all this study pays off lol.

I think they're definitely worth it! I haven't seen practice test 3, if you're going to buy one maybe get that one. I don't have it. I'll send you what I have.

I think they're definitely worth it! I haven't seen practice test 3, if you're going to buy one maybe get that one. I don't have it. I'll send you what I have.

That would be amazing, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SplishySplashy

Probably a question related a bit too much to OP’s, but is it necessary at all to put down my Leaving Certificate number in the details section and my secondary school name too? Would much prefer my school wasn’t contacted about my current CAO application, but again just double checking with CAO being very particular about things like this

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Sugarloaf12345

Probably a question related a bit too much to OP’s, but is it necessary at all to put down my Leaving Certificate number in the details section and my secondary school name too? Would much prefer my school wasn’t contacted about my current CAO application, but again just double checking with CAO being very particular about things like this

I didnt put my leaving cert number in. I dont remember it. Just sent my transcripts and a certified copy of my degree

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SplishySplashy

I didnt put my leaving cert number in. I dont remember it. Just sent my transcripts and a certified copy of my degree

Unreal stuff, thanks for clearing that up! :)

Advertisement