Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate flooring - Cleaning

Options
  • 24-01-2018 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

We're getting new laminate put in for out entire downstairs, Kronoswiss 14mm boards.

The house is in new estate and there is a lot of mud around as it is a building site.

What would be the best way to clean it?

I'm thinking of investing in a steam mop if anyone has a suggestion for one, or a good microfiber one. Apparently traditional mops are a nono for laminate floors :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

That Kronoswiss board has aqua-stop, which makes it much more water resistant than run of the mill laminates. Traditional mop should be fine as long as you use it damp and not wet. Definitely don't go using steam mops on laminate flooring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’ve heard you shouldn’t steam them, and I don’t steam clean mine- I’ve got a friend who does though, and has for years, with no issues.
    I bought a vileda flat mop, with the matching bucket, and find it great. I got a spare head for it and can dry it off with that if I so wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭tenbob1

The thing is though, you could steam clean 10 floors and only have a failure in one. You just don't want that one to be yours. This would be the reason we would not recommend steam cleaning laminate flooring. If our store had a 10% failure rate on flooring we would be out of business pretty quickly :)

Advertisement