Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

apk editor

Options
  • 24-01-2018 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi i want to edit the layout and images of an app, whats the best way to do this? Is there editing software anybody can recommend or do i need to extract files and edit at that level?
    Thank for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

check out https://ibotpeaches.github.io/Apktool/

if it's really just images and layout XMLs, it's a lot easier than you'd think. it's still pretty easy if you needed to edit small bit of code with smali especially if the app isn't obfuscated.

what do you need it for? if it's some app that you need to update and don't have the source, note that you won't be able to update the current app on the play store unless you've the original signing key and password

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

what do you need it for? if it's some app that you need to update and don't have the source, note that you won't be able to update the current app on the play store unless you've the original signing key and password

Thank you. Its to change the layout just to a more preferable design i also want to pull in data from another app source.
    I was planning in getting the apk from apk pure and changing the layout do i need a different source?
    I was also going to take another app and find the code that i wanted and add to this to the the first app if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

OP unless you own the original app, don't bother.

Editing / adding to a decompiled app is a real pain unless its very small.

Why can't you get the source code?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Where do i get the source code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

from whoever wrote the app

• Advertisement
Advertisement