Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netamo problem - pulling hair out :(

Options
  • 23-01-2018 11:26pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if something similar is already here but I couldn't find it via a search.

We changed broadband provider so have a new password, since the changeover the Netamo box (in the lounge in our case) is not talking to the boiler.

This means the boiler stays on constantly (not reacting to Netamo reaching desired temperature). The beside the boiler is showing a white light.

Any ideas what it might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Apologies if something similar is already here but I couldn't find it via a search.

We changed broadband provider so have a new password, since the changeover the Netamo box (in the lounge in our case) is not talking to the boiler.

This means the boiler stays on constantly (not reacting to Netamo reaching desired temperature). The beside the boiler is showing a white light.

Any ideas what it might be?

You need to log into the app and change WiFi settings and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭MickH503

In the App go to the menu --> Manage My Home --> Relay --> Setup Wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭woidoi

It's odd that the Netatmo is staying on regardless of internet disconnection. It should just continue with the last schedule running, e.g. for me 18 degrees at night, 20 in the morning, 18 during the day, 20 in the evening. And you should have been able to move the Temp up and down on the stat.

Info from the Netatmo website confirms this -

In the event of an Internet outage:

The Thermostat will continue to operate like any other non-connected thermostat, that is to say, it will continue to regulate the heating according to the latest setpoint applied before the outage (Schedule, Away mode, Frost-Guard mode, manual setpoint).

During the outage:

you cannot interact remotely or modify schedules or settings, but you can still force manual settings by clicking on the Thermostat's or Valves physical buttons (Manual Boost). The duration of manual settings is that which is fixed by default in the advanced application settings; default duration of manual settings.

Anyway, hope you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Happened to me also took ages to figure it out.

Pull unit with whit light off it’s casing on the wall. Plug it into a pc using a mini/micro usb (can’t remember which)
    It will prompt you too download a utility from netatmo. In this utility you can change your Wi-Fi name and password. No mention of this in the manual!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks guys - will try those and report back :)

• Advertisement

Worked a treat - thanks lads.

Problem has started again :(

Any other ideas lads, may have to get someone to have a look at it. Anyone know if that's an electrician or a boiler guy (suspect problem is boiler so maybe the latter).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Problem has started again :(

Any other ideas lads, may have to get someone to have a look at it. Anyone know if that's an electrician or a boiler guy (suspect problem is boiler so maybe the latter).

How is it wired? Are you putting the full load of the boiler through the relay? I'm pretty sure it's only rated for 2A. Could it be welding together due to overloading?

Advertisement