Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost VCR needed in dealership?

Options
  • 23-01-2018 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi Folks,

I am part-exchanging my car this weekend and can't seem to find the car registration certificate - Will the dealership need this when exchanging and picking up my new car or does the dealership have other forms that look after this?

Regards,
    William

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Not the end of the world, they can transfer out of your name online amd apply for a replacement cert for €12. Give them a shout and let them know you cant find it in case they have another procedure. OR just apply for a new cert yourself now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WilberJenks

aaakev wrote: »
    Not the end of the world, they can transfer out of your name online amd apply for a replacement cert for €12. Give them a shout and let them know you cant find it in case they have another procedure. OR just apply for a new cert yourself now

Top man, thank you! Getting it this Friday so will ask them to transfer it out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,409 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Dont think they can transfer online without the VRC serial number. Also dont think they can apply for a replacement cert if the car is transferred to dealer (by paper)

That used to be the case anyway

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Dont think they can transfer online without the VRC serial number. Also dont think they can apply for a replacement cert if the car is transferred to dealer (by paper)

Oh no :-( never will get it in time if that's the case. After doing some more research online, I thought it would just be the case of filling in Form RF105

Yeah, RF105 transfers it into the dealers Name but doesn’t issue a new cert as it’s onoy a temporary transfer. Best thing to do is apply for the new docs bring the receipt with you to the garage and tell them you’ll drop the cert in when it comes out.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

Partly right, serial number is needed to transfer out of dealers name, not into it. At least a 3rd of trade ins through my door dont come with a log book, its amazing how many people loose them!

Partly right, serial number is needed to transfer out of dealers name, not into it. At least a 3rd of trade ins through my door dont come with a log book, its amazing how many people loose them!

Cheers! Will head to the local Garda station and apply for a replacement in the meantime. So frustrating, must have lost mine while moving home recently :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Cheers! Will head to the local Garda station and apply for a replacement in the meantime. So frustrating, must have lost mine while moving home recently :/

Don’t bother. You won’t have the replacement in time for the weekend anyway. Just let the dealer sort it as the other poster said.

Don’t bother. You won’t have the replacement in time for the weekend anyway. Just let the dealer sort it as the other poster said.

How does it work with a dealer getting a replacement now? Obviously it’s a lot more straightforward these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

As posted above, you don’t need the VRC number to transfer into the garage code. So you just transfer into garage code then apply for a replacement VRC using the usual form and paying the €12 fee.

• Advertisement

Its simple, i post them now dont even bother going in

Advertisement