Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel systems

Options
  • 23-01-2018 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Just looking for some recommendations on travel systems. I have a perfect maxi cosi cabriofix seat and base I intend to use so would like to get a system compatible with this.
    I had a bugaboo cameleon on dd1 but would rather not fork out €1100 on another!
    I was looking at the uberchild Ultimo but it isn't compatible with the maxi cosi.
    Can anyone recommend something similar that is compatible and in or around the €500 Mark!
    Other than being comfortable for the baby and a decent basket underneath I have no other requirements, it will be mainly footpath walking too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Id like to follow up if you dont mind... in similar situation to above. Looking to get something but im starting to consider second hand. Yay or nay on second hand buggies?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yay as long as they're in good condition! You can get some real bargains, we have a Baby Jogger City Mini for our toddler and we got it secondhand. We paid £90 for it when they're usually around £270 new. We also got our running buggy (BOB Ironman) secondhand for around £100 and it was in perfect condition. Bought my double new though on a good Black Friday deal, we have an Out n About Nipper double because I wanted something that would work day to day and for running.

A lot of (particularly higher-end) buggies have adaptors available to put a Maxi-Cosi car seat on them so it's worth checking them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

xpletiv wrote: »
    Id like to follow up if you dont mind... in similar situation to above. Looking to get something but im starting to consider second hand. Yay or nay on second hand buggies?

The only thing I wouldn’t buy second hand would be a car seat as you don’t know how it’s been treated / if it’s been in a crash. Everything else would be fine if it’s in good condition. Might buy a new mattress for a bassinet if the buggy comes with one of them but that’d just be my preference.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Definitely yay for second hand, specially if you are looking for no. 2 and you've already forked out a load of money, or are buying a second buggy or the likes!I would buy new mattresses etc for prams, and new car seats but some new or nearly new buggies and travel systems can be found on done deal and the like, it's amazing what people sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Has anyone heard anything or owned a venicci??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Talula_d wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Just looking for some recommendations on travel systems. I have a perfect maxi cosi cabriofix seat and base I intend to use so would like to get a system compatible with this.
    I was looking at the uberchild Ultimo but it isn't compatible with the maxi cosi.
    Can anyone recommend something similar that is compatible and in or around the €500 Mark!
    Other than being comfortable for the baby and a decent basket underneath I have no other requirements, it will be mainly footpath walking too.

Would you not just reuse your bugaboo? Or do you need a double?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Millem wrote: »
    Would you not just reuse your bugaboo? Or do you need a double?

I don't have my bugaboo anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Hi all,

If €500 is your budget I’d definitely suggest looking for a decent second hand one. I’d stay clear of the baby elegance range. Looks like you are getting a great deal but they are shocking to use. The same with grace. IMO!

I don't have my bugaboo anymore.

Oh ok, would you consider a baby jogger city mini?
    I have one permanently left in my boot and have my bugaboo in my house.. A maxi cosi can go on top with adapters.
    I bought it online (from uk) and got buggy, plus the baby jogger footmuff and a generic rain cover for €270ish. The gt version was €100 more expensive for me to buy.
    You can buy a carry cot too for it. Inmho it looks nicer if you take off all the fabric and put carrycot on the chassis;)

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭amor3

I have one permanently left in my boot and have my bugaboo in my house.. A maxi cosi can go on top with adapters.
    I bought it online (from uk) and got buggy, plus the baby jogger footmuff and a generic rain cover for €270ish. The gt version was €100 more expensive for me to buy.
    You can buy a carry cot too for it. Inmho it looks nicer if you take off all the fabric and put carrycot on the chassis;)

I am definitely considering this. This is baby no.4 a big surprise so nothing left from the others. I am hoping if I get this it would do for 2 or 3 years maybe, from birth up? I will also get the carry cot. Would you recommend ir for that lenght? I had a graco evo mini and I loved it, similar style wise to the city mini..

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote: »
    I am definitely considering this. This is baby no.4 a big surprise so nothing left from the others. I am hoping if I get this it would do for 2 or 3 years maybe, from birth up? I will also get the carry cot. Would you recommend ir for that lenght? I had a graco evo mini and I loved it, similar style wise to the city mini..

I never bothered with the carrycot as I leave it in my car! I saw a girl in Dundrum with the carry cot on but fabric of chassis off and it looked nice but not as big as my bugaboo carrycot. I bought the baby jogger footmuff and lay buggy flat for the baby! Didn’t bother buying the car seat adapters but they are around £20 for maxi cosi.
    It would last longer than a 3 year old ;) I bought it because I reckon on holidays this summer my 4 year old could get tired and it holds 25kg but gt holds more weight. (I have a thread on it!)
    My 5 month old doesn’t want to lie flat in it anymore and started pulling himself up in it so I have it slightly raised:D
    Buy from the uk it is soooo much cheaper. I tried gt version but it is a little bit heavier and doesn’t fold down as flat because the wheels are bigger!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

We never bothered with the carrycot, just laid it flat early on. My son was super long so would have rapidly outgrown it anyway. The hood is quite high which is great for us - the small lad is 22 months and just over 3ft tall and still has plenty of vertical room.

Ohhh.. thanks ladies, food for thought there!

I was really only interested in the carrycot as we are going on holidays when baby will be around 8 weeks old and thought it would be cosier, so the lie flat function is just as good, is that right???

Ohhh.. thanks ladies, food for thought there!

I was really only interested in the carrycot as we are going on holidays when baby will be around 8 weeks old and thought it would be cosier, so the lie flat function is just as good, is that right???

If it was my only buggy I would get the carrycot tbh. I love carrycots ;) we have a bugaboo chameleon too with a carrycot. Baby naps in it.
    I just didn’t bother getting one for city mini as the buggy is just in my boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caher123

Hi,
    Just wondering how do you find the baby jogger footmuff? It has mixed reviews on Amazon. I suppose that it has access to fold strap is a big factor but a lot of reviews says its slips a lot. How are you getting on with it?
    Thanks

Caher123 wrote: »

Hi,
    Just wondering how do you find the baby jogger footmuff? It has mixed reviews on Amazon. I suppose that it has access to fold strap is a big factor but a lot of reviews says its slips a lot. How are you getting on with it?
    Thanks
    I don’t like it tbh! The harness doesn’t sit right in it (it slips) and every time I put the baby in I need to pull up footmuff! In saying that I would still get it as u can fold buggy up no problem ;)

If it was my only buggy I would get the carrycot tbh. I love carrycots ;) we have a bugaboo chameleon too with a carrycot. Baby naps in it.

Thanks millem, went to mother care and had a good play around with it.. love it! I will pick 1 up from Amazon nearer my due date and get a second hand carrycot x

Thanks millem, went to mother care and had a good play around with it.. love it! I will pick 1 up from Amazon nearer my due date and get a second hand carrycot x
    Keep an eye out on amazon....they were doing 10% off items over £200 a while ago if you set up a baby wish list ;)
    I got steel grey colour and love it ;)

Keep an eye out on amazon....they were doing 10% off items over £200 a while ago if you set up a baby wish list ;)
    I got steel grey colour and love it ;)

Yeah have my eye on one that's around the £217 mark. Absoulte bargain! I'd like an all black one but think that's only for the gt version!?! I haven't found out the gender but they all seem fairly neutral bar the blue kinda coloured one..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Caher123

I don’t like it tbh! The harness doesn’t sit right in it (it slips) and every time I put the baby in I need to pull up footmuff! In saying that I would still get it as u can fold buggy up no problem ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Ya the access to fold strap would be handy. Debating getting a different footmuff and seeing if a dressmaker can make a slit for me. I'm not much of a sewer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement