Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Big Taste Peanut Crunch bar

Options
  • 23-01-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Myself and herself have been badly addicted to this bar...It's ginormous with an RRP of 6 euro, though more often that not Tesco had it reduced to 3.

It's scanning in Tesco today at 1.50.....My poor heart....

Cadbury%2BDairy%2BMilk%2BBig%2BTaste%2BPeanut%2BCaramel%2BCrisp.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Christ - all Tescos I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

This review says it is 278g

http://kevssnackreviews.blogspot.ie/2017/03/cadbury-dairy-milk-big-taste-peanut-caramel-crisp.html

A 110g dairy milk is €1.50, so maybe they have wrongly priced it at that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Got 2 in Roxboro earlier!
    The other flavour of the same bar, Oreo, is €3.99 so it's definitely a pricing error :)

Get them while they last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Sparko

None on the shelf in Ashbourne at 5.30.

Sticker where they should be listed as special offer price of 1.50, all the rest of the flavours 3.99 as noted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I never even knew that existed, and my waistline wishes I had never read this thread :o:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭chonix

thanks OP =)
    I used to buy it when it was reduced to 3. I just bought two on my way home!

None in mine, very odd looking section. I could see no indication they were there at all, but big missing gaps. I reckon the staff got wind of it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

I got one earlier for 1.50, just on regular chocolate aisle and not marked down. A family member went around later and it scanned at 3.99. They thought it came out of a box sitting on the shelf, whereas I think I took one that was sitting loose on top, possibly two different barcodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Might have to go see if they've restocked this morning 8)

Kurtosis wrote: »
    A family member went around later and it scanned at 3.99.
    are you sure it was the same one? there was a whole nut version which looked very similar.

41Aj3RYs5vL._SX385_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Got one in my local Tesco just now. Sticker price was 3.99 but it scanned at 1.50. There are various flavours in the box on the shelf.

Nice spot OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

rubadub wrote: »
    are you sure it was the same one? there was a whole nut version which looked very similar.

41Aj3RYs5vL._SX385_.jpg
    I picked this one up in the tesco express in temple bar and it scanned at €2. its yum too

Save

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

41Aj3RYs5vL._SX385_.jpg

It could well have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,562 ✭✭✭kingshankly

the corpo wrote: »
    Might have to go see if they've restocked this morning 8)

Do people actually go out of their way in order to get a bar of chocolate that they didn’t want in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Do people actually go out of their way in order to get a bar of chocolate that they didn’t want in the first place

I already stated my, admittedly pathetic, addiction to them in my first post.

I managed to behave and not go back though....today

Yes, if you confirm that is a serious question I will bother my hole to explain why.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Most people would frequent a supermarket at least once a week, no harm in picking up this deal, is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got one today, marked as €1.50 on the shelf, its huge!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Thargor wrote: »
    Got one today, marked as €1.50 on the shelf, its huge!

That’s what she said!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

matchthis wrote: »
    That’s what she said!

What, that it was marked as €1.50 on the shelf?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Do people actually go out of their way to post in threads they have no interest in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭bluefinger

do people go out of their way to post about people posting about people going out of their way to post in a thread they have no interest in?

Yes!

Just to come back to this, you were right rubadub, it was a bar from a box of these on the shelf that was scanning at the higher price. There were a few of the peanut crunch ones sitting loose on top which did scan at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Got the last two in Mahon Point yesterday spogged behind a box of the wholenut ones, dirty hooflin bastards.
    Fûck the begrudgers.
    Brought them home to torment herself who started slimming world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

no sign of these in prussia st tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Went to Tesco in Omni and it was 3 quid, still bought it though, nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Thanks OP. Picked up the last one in tesco Ardkeen today, hiding in amongst the whole nuts. Marked as €3 but scanned at €1.50. I'm munching away on it now. damn you OP, I doubt this bar will see tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just found this thread and I also never had one of these bars but judging by the picture there is sweet f all chocolate in these bars. Looks like small bit of chocolate and all filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Got 5 in Kildare store today at €1.50 Each thanks OP
    About 8 left
    Shame the caramel ones weren't same price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Had the smaller version in Tesco at the weekend for 50p.

It reminds me of a Topic.

Advertisement