Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats next for DC?

Options
  • 23-01-2018 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

so dc has said he will be done fighting by march 2019. so with little over a year left who would you like to see him fight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Gus

there is no one else.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭pastorbarrett

I'd bet on a third scrap with Jones before the year is out. He says he doesn't care about it, but I reckon he'd jump at the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gustafsson.

I really, really hope he doesn’t fight Jones again but if he only gets the one year ban I think he’ll fight Gustafsson and then bow out with one more against Jones, presuming he beats Gustafsson.

That payday for his last fight would probably be too good to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

surely Jones is going to be banned for 2 years at the very least no? Though DC somehow besting Jones in a final fight would be so good. Yeah I'd like to see DC v Gus again, if just to see Gus get one more title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Either a rematch with Gus or go take a shot at Stipe (he'll only do this if Cain isn't coming back in the next year). If Cain is fit, fight Gus and let Cain fight Stipe, if both him and Stipe win take a crack at the HW belt, win, lose or draw retire after that.

He won't fight Jon again, I think he'll get at least two years and if he does DC will be retired by then if he sticks to what he's saying. But if he somehow only gets one year and as said above DC retired after beating Jones, that would be something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

I would love to see him vs Stipe - a proper superfight. Two dominant champions who have beaten the best in their respective divisions (discounting the cokehead of course).

Cain is a crock and needs to step aside so that we can see this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

if you believe all the hype jones might get off with a slap on the wrist.

he took a polygraph which he passed and usda are testing the supplements he was taking.

plus dana has said that jones will fight this year:eek:

i would love to see DC beat jones and retire but i dont think DC would put himself through that again.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    if you believe all the hype jones might get off with a slap on the wrist.

he took a polygraph which he passed and usda are testing the supplements he was taking.

plus dana has said that jones will fight this year:eek:

i would love to see DC beat jones and retire but i dont think DC would put himself through that again.

Yeah, seems to be quite a bit of rhetoric around Jones coming back sooner rather than later - Novitzky, Dana and others. Like others, I wouldn't mind seeing DC finally having his way with him. Almost too good to be true though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

How much of an advantage would the drugs JJ took have given him over DC,would it be a fairly high percentage wise ?
    Not sure if I'd like to see DC fight him again as a loss to that cretin clean would be unbearable.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    How much of an advantage would the drugs JJ took have given him over DC,would it be a fairly high percentage wise ?
    Not sure if I'd like to see DC fight him again as a loss to that cretin clean would be unbearable.

AFAIK what he popped for most recently would have afforded little to no advantage.

Edit: rather, I think the amount and time that it was caught in his system would have afforded little to no advantage, though I stand to be corrected...

Novitzky : “It would not make a lot of sense for an individual, a UFC athlete, especially a championship contender like Jon Jones who knew, ‘I’m tested quite regularly in this program’ – it would not make a lot of sense that that would be your drug of choice if you’re trying to cheat,” Novitzky said. “I think it’s come out after the fact that USADA did another test on Jon a month or two months after his positive test, and he was negative. So that would be indicative that the prohibited substance entered his system sometime after July 7th or 8th, and that was likely a pretty small amount and that cleared his system pretty quickly.

Novitzky clarified that USADA will ultimately decide Jones’ punishment as the results management process unfolds. He said Jones’ camp and USADA are “working closely” and had a “productive” meeting one or two weeks ago. Jones anti-doping attorney Howard Jacobs confirmed the meeting to MMAjunkie but declined to provide further details.

• Advertisement
Advertisement