Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Directory lockout notification tool

Options
  • 23-01-2018 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for a tool that will notify our helpdesk by email whenever an Active Directory account is locked out. I need the notification to have the details of who is locked out and if possible the IP address of the machine that was used at the time. Any ideas? Working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 AD environment and have a SMTP relay server available for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭tech

ManageEngine AD reporting tool, is quote good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Thanks tech. Just for anyone visiting this thread in the future, I managed to do this with a powershell command which runs in parallel with the Windows task scheduler. The trigger to start the powershell command is the security lockout event in real time. The powershell then grabs the info from the actual trigger event and emails the data collected to local relay smtp server, to the helpdesk email address

Advertisement