Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best used/new bike under 2k

Options
  • 23-01-2018 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭

2k to spend and looking for my first full carbon bike with a respectful wheelset to match - any advice/bargains out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

GeneralC wrote: »
    2k to spend and looking for my first full carbon bike with a respectful wheelset to match - any advice/bargains out there?

For 2nd hand advice you would need to say bike size as there were some lovely bikes up for sale over the last month by boardsies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Bryan McCrystal is selling a Giant TCR with Full Ultegra and decent wheels on one of the Facebook selling pages. If it's good enough for him....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

M/L, 56 lads

Weepsie wrote: »
    Bryan McCrystal is selling a Giant TCR with Full Ultegra and decent wheels on one of the Facebook selling pages. If it's good enough for him....

Link? Can't seem to find it pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭LCD

<snip> Mod note: no advertising in the main forum, pop into adverts forum if you have something to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pol12

www.extremevital.com/en/cycling/road-bike-scott-cr1-10-2017-p-21806.html

Bought this 3 years ago .. Great bike for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭sann

If you were willing to wait another month or 6 weeks free motion in gran canaria sell off their 2017 hire bikes. Dont shy away when you hear hire bikes. These are maintained to a very high standard by top bike mechanics. I have bought from them in the past and found great deals even with the postage back. They do cannondale mainly but i think now have specialized and BH. You would probably pick up last years cannondale super 6 with ultegra for 1200 euro. With a guarantee. Not sure how long. When i bought mine i went out there for a few days cycling and brought it back on the plane for 50 euros. The bikes are immaculate. Obviously you would want to throw your leg over the same model here to be sure you are getting the right size as these sizing charts never seem to fit me correctly. Worth giving their site a look anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

oh, my sweet aunt. check out the stainless steel 931 volare on that site.

• Advertisement

oh, my sweet aunt. check out the stainless steel 931 volare on that site.

It's also listed up on ebay too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Is this like the thread looking for wheels where everyone else had to do some research and provide price, spec, and recommendations telling you what you should and shouldn't like?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭disco1

Mine for 2700 on here..its 56cm too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

'under 2k' =/= '2700'.

Eh ye....god loves a tryer.

disco1 wrote: »
    Eh ye....god loves a tryer.

give ya 18oo

He he...you not gonna pick up a de rosa di2 disk with take spec for that....ive 6k in the bike.

Thanks tho.

He he...you not gonna pick up a de rosa di2 disk with take spec for that....ive 6k in the bike.

Thanks tho.

6k? Jaysus

What did you put into it to cost 6k? :eek:

Cost price of bike 4500...

Upgraded cranks...400
    Upgraded tires 100
    Upgraded wheels 825e
    Bars...295.
    Stem 235euro....all in about 6k

Cost price of bike 4500...

Upgraded cranks...400
    Upgraded tires 100
    Upgraded wheels 825e
    Bars...295.
    Stem 235euro....all in about 6k

What wheelset is on it?

• Advertisement

Shimano rx 830 disc carbon laminate 35mm can be run clincher or without tubes...ther e curently set up tubless.

Advertisement