Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Tracker Mortgage Self-Build

Options
  • 22-01-2018 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I undertook a self-build in April 2008. The terms of the self-build loan were that once the build was complete I would be moved to a Tracker Buy To Let Mortgage on the completed house. As it turned out, once the build was complete in Oct. 2008, I was not offered this as the bank had stopped the Tracker product 10 days earlier. I was instead put on a fixed rate mortgage.

i.e. I was offered one set of terms, built the house, and then was given a completely different set of terms.

Is this worth pursuing? any thoughts, or any one have similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You should ring AIB with your account number and ask to be included in their Review. I presume that you have it written on your loan offer that the rate will change to tracker rate e.g. 1% over ECB on completion of the property.

Advertisement