Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Camera Alerts

Options
  • 22-01-2018 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have a Logitech camera and don't have it set up for Smart Alerts and not tried it.

Was looking at getting one for the parents so they can use as a security camera and get alerts.

Saw some posts on them but just wondering how the Alerts is working for others when turned on. Can notification be sent to phone or any other options?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Yes, work quite well.

Notifications get sent to the phone where you have the Circle App installed. There are a lot of different options you can set. For instance, you can set geofencing on the phone/circle app, so you only get notifications of movement detected when everyone is out of the house (obviously everyone needs to have the Circle app installed for this to work).

I find notifications of movement detected come in about 30 seconds after it happens. You also get a notification about 5 minutes after a camera goes offline (power/broadband down).

If you already have the camera, then just try playing with the Smart Alerts options, it is all very easy to play with and you can see how it might be best set up for your parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thanks

I don't have the subscription for the Logitech. So turned on the Alerts and have the below

Smart Alerts
    Event Alerts
    Smart Location
    Max Frequency
    Activity Level
    Alert Filters
    System Alerts
    Low Battery

Based on these does it email you if any occur or any movement etc. So need to be online when out of the house. No option for text or is that sub based ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Based on these does it email you if any occur or any movement etc. So need to be online when out of the house. No option for text or is that sub based ?

It sends you an in app notification. I don't think it supports alerts via email or text. However if you are offline, I think you will later get the notifications when you finally go back online later.

BTW You don't need a sub to try this out. It comes with a Free 24 hour sub that includes most of the above notifications for free. The only ones you miss out on is the more advanced AI ones (face recognition, etc.) which require the premium sub. So you can totally play with it and try them out. Don't forget you need to enable notifications on your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

bk wrote: »
    It sends you an in app notification. I don't think it supports alerts via email or text. However if you are offline, I think you will later get the notifications when you finally go back online later.

BTW You don't need a sub to try this out. It comes with a Free 24 hour sub that includes most of the above notifications for free. The only ones you miss out on is the more advanced AI ones (face recognition, etc.) which require the premium sub. So you can totally play with it and try them out. Don't forget you need to enable notifications on your phone.

Ah notifications via the app should have know. Have them set up so will see how I get on but no movement in the house and I can review past 24 hours

Advertisement