Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Scooter (25kmh) trying to register it

Options
  • 22-01-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I am trying to do the things properly, and according to the Garda, I would need a insurance and a road tax (while in most of the EU can be used perfectly in the bike lane...)

Anyway, for my understanding I would need a registration in the revenue this scooter, it has the CE Sign on it, is that enough?

(I cant post links, so look in internet for Xiaomi Mi365 TechAdvisor if you want to see the specs) basically, 250W 25km/h 30km autonomy

Apart of that, it seems than I would need an insurance, Any idea about where could I find one insurancer for this things? I tried calling a couple of car insurancers and they almost laught at me...

Any experience with this? Its basically for conmuting in Cork City.

I talked with people who are using this without anything of the legally required and the garda didnt stop them, but i am a bit scared.

Kind Regards

Comments

Advertisement