Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assistance in choosing a phone

Options
  • 22-01-2018 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

How goes,

So I am under contract with Vodafone, used my last upgrade to get an S7 for my other half.

I have been using my Samsung S5 Neo quiet happily for 3yrs now, Spigen case has until recently kept it like new. I have unfortunately just managed to drop it at the "perfect angle", not once, but twice, in the space of a few weeks, cracking first the glass on the screen and now the camera.

Considering the age of the device I really don't think its worth repairing.

I have normally just gone for the -1 Samsung Galaxy S (would be S7 if I was to do that now).

So.... I am looking for a SIM free device (want to move away from Vodafone once my contract expires)
    Decent camera
    Fast
    Not to big.

I am unsure of my budget, but to put in to perspective I have been looking at the OnePlus 5T, its the very very top of my budget....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Or any recommendations on where best to get a new unopened simfree s8?

I think the 5T might just be a little too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Amazon.de

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

There is barely any difference between the sizes of the S8 and the 5T. There's a few mm in it.

The S9 is rumoured to be anounced in the somewhat near future, so I would be hesitant buying an S8 now. There could be decent deals in a months time if you could wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

There is barely any difference between the sizes of the S8 and the 5T. There's a few mm in it.

The S9 is rumoured to be anounced in the somewhat near future, so I would be hesitant buying an S8 now. There could be decent deals in a months time if you could wait.

14% larger, different aspect ratios.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Yeah, the difference might seem small alright, but by the time you put a decent cover on it (i like the spigen armour for example) it can make a big difference.

Yeah, but its normally the providers who will offer discounts on the likes of the S8 when the S9 comes out I would have thought? And I am looking to avoid going with a locked device or new contract. Also heading on away next week and was hoping to have myself sorted before then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement