Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuart Turner ST 55 water pump continually runs

Options
  • 21-01-2018 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    The pump continually runs when no taps opened, I have checked for leaks in all toilets, sinks and baths, showers etc and I haven’t found a leak yet.
    I shut off water flow to the input on the pump from the water tank on the hot and cold and the pump continued to run when not water was present.
    There is a what I believe to be sensor in-between the 2 input and output pipes on the casing of the pump, the sensor has two cables going back to the PCB and are terminated on S2 on the terminal block.
    Is this a flow sensor, is there a way I can test if its faulty, if I remove should the pump stop running, otherwise would it best to change the PCB as pump is running just not switching off.
    If what I believe is a flow sensor and PCB are not faulty is there any mechanical faults within the pump that could cause the issue I’m seeing.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

If you disconnect the wires from the flow switches and the pump continues to run then you need to change the PCB (and change the capacitor while you are at it).
    If the pump stops, its one of the flow switches.
    Check inside the pump outlets to ensure there is no debris jamming the float on, if its clean and free change the switches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pcts

K.Flyer wrote: »
    If you disconnect the wires from the flow switches and the pump continues to run then you need to change the PCB (and change the capacitor while you are at it).
    If the pump stops, its one of the flow switches.
    Check inside the pump outlets to ensure there is no debris jamming the float on, if its clean and free change the switches.

The pcb was fried and had fused mains to motor so thats why pump was continually running, change pcb pump didnt run at all, so tested flow switch and that was also gone. Not easy to find St55 flow switches. But all sorted. Cheers

Advertisement