Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs of 2 brick gate posts.

Options
  • 21-01-2018 3:39pm

Hi all.

I'm just looking for an approximate price to remove 2 old brick gate posts and replace with 2 new brick gate posts. Nothing too flash and about 5 foot high.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

Hi all.

I'm just looking for an approximate price to remove 2 old brick gate posts and replace with 2 new brick gate posts. Nothing too flash and about 5 foot high.

Thanks

Maybe get you half way there... I have a guy coming on Saturday to knock a pillar/post for me and rebuild, I am making driveway wider. Costing me 480 all in, including coming back to plaster it. Dublin 7 area.

• Many thanks, that gives me a ball park figure to work from. I was going to say, that gives me half an idea of the cost! :) Cheers!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Many thanks, that gives me a ball park figure to work from. I was going to say, that gives me half an idea of the cost! :) Cheers!

You may need to factor in planning permission:

‘Permission for alterations to existing vehicular entrance’

• BryanF wrote: »
    You may need to factor in planning permission:

‘Permission for alterations to existing vehicular entrance’

Thanks, I wouldn't have thought about that. It's just a straightforward replacement to existing gate posts so I would have thought it would be OK.

I guess if I was putting in 10 foot Buck Palace posts it would upset the neighbours rightly enough.

Advertisement