Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid wood flooring

Options
  • 21-01-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at prices for ( hopefully) a wide/long plank style flooring in oak for my own place.
    The prices for engineered flooring IMHO is way to high as realistically there is only a few mm thickness glued on top of a ply base and for the money they are asking I would almost expect to get the full solid for this.

Has anyone here imported flooring from abroad as I've looked at probably all the main suppliers I can find here and feel I am not getting value for money.

Any contacts would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 SalvageIreland

Sent you a private message which may be of help

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 69 ✭✭douglastubbs

Any chance you could you forward on details of flooring as finding myself in same position as thespoofer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

Go with the engineered floor if you want to save on problems further down the line.
    Solid floor expands and contracts......alot

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Calvin001

Thespoofer wrote: »
    I'm looking at prices for ( hopefully) a wide/long plank style flooring in oak for my own place.
    The prices for engineered flooring IMHO is way to high as realistically there is only a few mm thickness glued on top of a ply base and for the money they are asking I would almost expect to get the full solid for this.

Has anyone here imported flooring from abroad as I've looked at probably all the main suppliers I can find here and feel I am not getting value for money.

Any contacts would be great.

Thanks.

Ex VAT for Engineered flooring your looking at €35+/m2 (I've seen some at over €90/m2....)

If you want cheaper than engineered, look at the laminate ranges (Baltario range, etc); if fitted properly it will look very similar to an engineered

Advertisement