Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GOPRO Hero 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

keano25 wrote: »
    Cheapest I've found online €361 with insured postage from Europe.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/gopro-hero6-black-4k-ultra-hd-camera.html

Is that a referral link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Is that a referral link?

No why?

Just a quick update on this.
    Ordered on 20th and arrived this morning very well packaged.
    28184854149_0a4c5d674c_m.jpg
    26091806308_9e98a41838_m.jpg
    39254039994_5413528b47_m.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Out of curiosity how long did it take to get here? Did you get a decent method of shipping that you could actually track it?

Cheers
    Toppy

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

keano25 wrote: »
    Just a quick update on this.
    Ordered on 20th and arrived this morning very well packaged.
    -Toppy- wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how long did it take to get here? Did you get a decent method of shipping that you could actually track it?

Cheers
    Toppy

Tracking from eGlobal is ****e. I have ordered from them before and had no real issues, but the tracking on their site is really bad. I'd say it's still worth it for the price though.

• Advertisement

It took 6 working days but to be honest I don't think they actually shipped it until the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Some crazy prices on there for stuff.

€285 for a switch?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/nintendo-switch-with-neon-blue-and-neon-red-joycon.html

Yeah some very good prices would buy from them again

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

How are the prices so low?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Likely non eu stock, warranty issues would have to go back there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

BArra wrote: »
    Likely non eu stock, warranty issues would have to go back there

Yep. Grey imports from Chinese market. Not necessarily a huge concern, I guess you have to weigh it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

GoPro are up for sale. They've failed as a company and are looking for rescue.

Don't count on a warranty or support.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Pique wrote: »
    GoPro are up for sale. They've failed as a company and are looking for rescue.

Don't count on a warranty or support.

They're for sale but they're not going bankrupt. If they stop investing in senseless projects (Drones, 360 degree cameras) the action-cam business is healthy and highly cash generative although much lower growth than they (and the stock market) would like to think. Replacement cycles are close to 3-4yrs vs the 12/24 months they were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

The Chinese versions have advanced so quickly and cheaply over the last few years that GoPro got completely taken by surprise.
    https://i.imgur.com/HLaY9kC.png

Good vid here covering the rise and fall of GoPro.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 thenumber3

quad_red wrote: »
    Some crazy prices on there for stuff.

€285 for a switch?

€299 at the moment for red and blue from Gamestop.ie - for the sake of €15 I'd rather buy there.

Advertisement