Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Certs (Cybersec/Coding)

Options
  • 20-01-2018 10:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in getting some online certifications which could be useful when applying for jobs (on top of my degree). Have some free time right now in my life and want to put it to some good use. Does anyone know of any good courses?

I am already experienced in both programming and cyber security but sadly it is difficult to get any college-level certification in regards to cyber security. I have heard a lot of people do online courses and get certification, where can I find these? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Free certs are basically of no value and are definitely not going to be of any value for security jobs unfortunately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭donaldtramp

What kind of certs would be of value? I don't really have an issue paying for some.

I want to be able to stand out, apart from my GitHub programming projects, HackerOne bounty recognition from major companies and my degree, it'd be nice to have some more certification to PROVE I'm good with cybersec. My degree will be general computer programming (with cryptography). Don't really think it's possible to do much cyber security as part of college.

I'd love to have some additional certification to prove a knowledge of cyber security, atm only my HackerOne account can prove knowledge of cyber security and maybe some of my pentesting tools I coded on Github. What should I do?!?

Advertisement