Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New insurance for a new resident

• 20-01-2018 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,
    I am new in Ireland. Arrived in April 2017. Applied for insurance with my foreign license (Pakistan, Saudi Arabia) but did not receive any quotation other than from Liberty (4600 Euros a year). Then I applied for a learner license and still, it remained the same. Then I applied for a full license and received a full irish license. However, still, none of them give me quotation other than Liberty with 4400 euros a year.
    Is there any way to get insurance without Irish/UK no claim bonus?
    And does it mean that Irish full license or RSA and NDLS has no importance in the system of these insurance companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Unfortunately you will need to pass the Irish driving test before you see any significant fall in insurance quotes. It's worth getting lots of lessons and booking the test as soon as you feel your able to take it.

Advertisement