Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam email from "AppleID"

Options
  • 20-01-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

I pay €.99 monthly to upgrade my iCloud storage. I get an email from Apple to confirm this around the middle of the month.

Today I got a very similar email from "AppleID" confirming my purchase for €9.99. I didn't buy anything. There is a link I can click on to 'cancel my order'. I won't be clicking on it needless to say.

This email I s almost identical to the one I get for iCloud storage but without my personal details and the last 4 digits of my card.

Did anyone else get this? Am I doing the right thing by ignoring it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

LaLa2004 wrote: »
    I pay €.99 monthly to upgrade my iCloud storage. I get an email from Apple to confirm this around the middle of the month.

Today I got a very similar email from "AppleID" confirming my purchase for €9.99. I didn't buy anything. There is a link I can click on to 'cancel my order'. I won't be clicking on it needless to say.

This email I s almost identical to the one I get for iCloud storage but without my personal details and the last 4 digits of my card.

Did anyone else get this? Am I doing the right thing by ignoring it?

Forward the email to Apple. They will look into it
    reportphishing@apple.com

Advertisement