Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Items when in theatre Elective c section

Options
  • 20-01-2018 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,
    Random question..
    I’m having an elective c section on Monday in the Rotunda and just preparing myself and just got thinking what happens to your hospital bag and personal items like mobile etc when you go down to theatre?
    Also I’m a private patient but do you wait on a ward until you’re all set up and head down to theatre?
    Thanks for any insight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,272 ✭✭✭✭fits

I was installed in my room and just left my stuff there when we were brought to theatre. I was a private patient in kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I would just bring one small bag, with the essentials, and leave your main bag in the car. Once you’ve been allocated a bed, you can get whoever is with you to go and get your bag.
    I know you’re probably hoping to get a single room, but you might not, so I wouldn’t leave a mobile and other bits lying around if there won’t be anyone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I've already been an inpatient both times I had a section, left everything up by my bed in my bags, other than my phone which my husband brought with him. My wedding ring was put in an envelope they gave us outside theatre and put in his pocket. He had our phones in theatre as he used them to take photos/videos.

I wasn't a private patient but isn't the deal that you get a private room if there's one free, otherwise you're on a ward?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

i've had 3 sections in The Rotunda (all private) and when you go in they do bloods, other checks and have you in a s/p ward or private room if they're available. generally you're in early and the rooms haven't vacated but as soon as they're free, they'll put you in. you just leave your bag by the bed, change into a gown and off you go. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Flappidyflap

Thanks! Was just getting all distracted thinking about how it happens on the day. So I’m glad to have an idea what to expect. I was thinking because I’ve to go in for 8am that the change over in rooms may not have happened yet to free them up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement