Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WWE's new signings

Options
  • 20-01-2018 2:30pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Saw a few posts about this and was going to split it off into it's own thread but now I can't find them so here is a brand new one
    FCEn5sH.jpg

Maybe it's just me but seeing them all smiling in the Property of the performance center gear is odd.

Still great signings, the man who for whom at first I did think was an Irish wrestler years back by the name of Rick O Shea, two fellahs who make up a machine of war and a Ms Wrestling. How do you all think they will do?

and yes Ricochet should never set foot in 205 live, agreed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I’ve not seen a lot of War Machine but they’re highly rated. Candice is great and should be very over in NXT for starters and hopefully the main roster in due course. Ricochet has so much talent that he really shouldn’t fail but I would have concerns about his ceiling on the main roster.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I saw War Machine at OTT earlier this year and thought they were phenomenal. Amazing athletes, like, belied perhaps at first by their appearance and size.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really glad I got to see all four at OTT last year. Didn't know much of them before hand but really enjoyed them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

In terms of imports to OTT I'd easily rank War Machine in my top 3.

They will absolutely kill it in NXT but I'd be really fearful they'll do F all when they go to the main roster. In terms of "sports entertainment" I can't really see how they or their fairly thin gimmick would best fit in a show like RAW or SMACKDOWN.

Ricochet again will certainly take NXT by storm. Like everyone I'd pray 205 live won't be his destiny. Have been looking for that credible Rey Mysterio replacement, in Ricochet WWE could have their guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Does anyone else expect Ricochet to languish on 205 Live until he quits? Talent wise he's up there with Styles as the best wrestler in the company but I don't expect him to ever get a proper shot. It's the exact situation Neville was in and he was utterly wasted by WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Not sure he is anywhere close to AJ...

But no 205 is not what I expect. Itami ended up on 205 because of his injuries. Neville for his own need for reinvention. Most 205 guys were signed especially for it and if they need high flyers they already have great ones who are held back, Mustafa Ali for example if so smooth and under utilised.

I expect he is a simialar signing to Adam Cole, a guy they had their eye on a while who will get a chance to do well in NXT. Maybe even Almas is a better comparison as he will have to find a persona.

After that it is the unknown. They are not putting him in developmental to get him ready for 205 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

After giving Candice a bit of time to delevop a connection with the NXT audience a takeover title match will be sweet.

Advertisement