Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best gaming mouse and keyboards?

Options
  • 20-01-2018 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks looking for some advice on a gaming mouse and keyboard??

what are you using and what would you recommend?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What's your budget, and what are you look for from either? What kind of games do you play?

104 or 87 keys? (The right numpad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Im using a Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum keyboard and a G900 Spectrum Chaos mouse. I find it awesome and the keyboard is quiet. Marcos are handy and extra mouse buttons and speed are excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Corsair K65 Rapidfire and Corsair Glaive here. Can't fault either really and well worth the money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,462 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I have a Logitech G403 mouse and a G610 keyboard. Pretty happy with the pair of them.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The Final Mouse , best mouse ive used in over 20 years gaming.
    No drivers or bloatware just raw performance, very comfy too.
    Any half decent mechanical keyboard keeps me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G910 Orion Keyboard and G502 Mouse

Works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Logitech G910 Spectrum and a G502,like others that have them,cant complain at all. Both excellent.

Actually,one minor annoyance,cant change the colour of the lighting on the mouse,its stuck as logitech blue on my version,as i said,minor annoyance:P

seems to be a few of us using the G910

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ignore everyone here.

Go to http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/ check his sizing guide, and watch a few reviews.

I went for a G403 wireless (hate wires!) and Roccat Ryos TKL Pro (it was on sale).

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ignore everyone here.

Go to http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/ check his sizing guide, and watch a few reviews.

I went for a G403 wireless (hate wires!) and Roccat Ryos TKL Pro (it was on sale).

ignore this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I was gonna buy the g910 keyboard and the 502 mouse but some reviews turned me off the keyboard saying that the keys were a weird shape etc

The strafe and k70 rgb are another two I was looking at but pricey

Tbh I want a good keyboard and mouse that will last

Don’t mind buying used either if value for money is there but overall I haven’t set a budget

Was also looking at the razer death stalker I know not mechanical but flatter keys

Would the flatter keys be tougher to game with or is it personal preference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Have you looked at the Hyper X Alloy range? Good price on them on Amazon and all the reviews are mainly positive.

I was gonna buy the g910 keyboard and the 502 mouse but some reviews turned me off the keyboard saying that the keys were a weird shape

There are two versions of the G910.

The Spark has the weird curved buttons

Dont think the Spectrum has that.

About 15E in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Anyone recommend some good wireless keyboard and mouse options?
    Before you say it, I know wired would be better/cheaper but wireless would suit my setup better.

Something not too crazily priced would be good :)

OSI wrote: »
    Have the G502 myself and the cable annoys me. It tends to curl at the point it enters the mouse for some reason which puts resistance on it's motion in some directions.

I heard that about the 502 aswell

Remouad wrote: »
    Anyone recommend some good wireless keyboard and mouse options?
    Before you say it, I know wired would be better/cheaper but wireless would suit my setup better.

Something not too crazily priced would be good :)

Best wireless mice are the Logitech G series, lag-free gaming :)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Best wireless mice are the Logitech G series, lag-free gaming :)
    the g series? Any of them in particular

There are two versions of the G910.

The Spark has the weird curved buttons

Dont think the Spectrum has that.

About 15E in the difference.

The 910 kB I seen is the Orion spark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Have you looked at the Hyper X Alloy range? Good price on them on Amazon and all the reviews are mainly positive.

Can vouch for that, I bought the HyperX Alloy FPS and I love it. Prior to that I had a CM Storm Quickfire TK which I spilt tea on but loved it as well. My CM Storm keyboard had blue keys which were nice but too loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Got a G510 years ago as a boards bargain alert, one of the best ever.

Considered upgrading but the new ones lose features and dont really gain, and the mechanicals dont have the roller volume control.

ED E wrote: »
    Got a G510 years ago as a boards bargain alert, one of the best ever.

Considered upgrading but the new ones lose features and dont really gain, and the mechanicals dont have the roller volume control.
    think the same guy has a 510 and a 710 keyboard for sale

Any of you have the g910 Orion spark?

If so would you recommend it?

And the g502 mouse are they really good?

Both I can get reasonably priced used

Was also looking at the razer death stalker I know not mechanical but flatter keys

Would the flatter keys be tougher to game with or is it personal preference

I have the death stalker but found my hands getting tired after extended use, hour plus... I came from Apple land and thought the keys might be similar to the Mac slim keys but they are not similar, the razer are a lot softer/spongier. I do still use it if I need to connect to work laptop or something else I’m messing with.

Then got and returned the next two
    Razer ornate chroma = nice mid height keys, not true mech but still felt good, nice colors, but had a sticky W key so returned it
    Logitech G610 - white only color, full size keys but doing a firmware update bricked it, so returned that,

Finally came across the Cherry MX 6.0
    It has mid height keys , proper cherry mech switches, built like a tank, lovely to type on. Red colors, only some keys can change color, win , num lock keys etc. doesn’t have macro keys

It wasn’t cheap but I’ll never again have to buy another keyboard and it feels great every time I use it.

the g series? Any of them in particular
    http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/
    I have a G403 wireless (12th in RJN's top 40), which is lightweight & fantastic for FPS. Shop around, you can find it for around €75.
    Was recently rereleased as G703, so G403 can be found a bit cheaper.

G603 is the same shape but using a different sensor & 1-2 AA batteries; can be found for around €50.

G900/903 are quite expensive & possibly too heavy. Again though, check RJN's site & sizing guides!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

my MX518 after 13 years of daily usage has finally died :(

I have been looking around and can't really find a body shape on a high end mouse that is similar to the trusty 518

anyone got any suggestions? (Mouse has to be wired)

I was looking at the new SteelSeries Rival 600, but reeled in my impulse buy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

kingtiger wrote: »
    my MX518 after 13 years of daily usage has finally died :(

I have been looking around and can't really find a body shape on a high end mouse that is similar to the trusty 518

what is the actual issue with the mouse?

Since mine died I have had the G500, G502 and the MX Master and the closest in feel was the G500 but I don't think they do that any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Skerries wrote: »
    what is the actual issue with the mouse?

Since mine died I have had the G500, G502 and the MX Master and the closest in feel was the G500 but I don't think they do that any more

sensor has packed in, I replaced a few things over the years on it, but I think its reached true death

a mate has the G502 but I don't like the shape plus my hand is too big for it

I think its between the ZOWIE ZA11 & SteelSeries Rival 600 at the moment

• Advertisement

New Finalmouse Ultralight!
    http://finalmouse.com/ultralightpro.php

RJN review
    *edit:
    I'm not recommending it, I'm just drooling.

Advertisement