Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Little Sport - Herald (?) comic strip about jockey

Options
  • 20-01-2018 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Mumcgoes on about this but I can find no trace online. WAS THIS AN IRISH ONLY COMIC STRIP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

I googled little sport comic strip and got a few results

A bit here http://poparchivesblog.blogspot.ie/2006/09/little-sport-and-pop-plus-potts-at.html

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Mumcgoes on about this but I can find no trace online. WAS THIS AN IRISH ONLY COMIC STRIP?

It was a comic strip in either the Herald or the Mail. It may have moved to teh Evening Press after the Mail closed down. I am of an age when my mother taught me to read through reading that cartoon strip every day, as well as Mandrake and Jiggs and Maggie. By the time I started school (1950) I could already read quite well because of my Mother and Little Sport. Little Sport and my Ma were the reason I became a teachers pet and my classmates wanted to assassinate me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

ltlsportsun.jpg
    This it?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

ltlsportsun.jpg
    This it?

Not the one I remember. The hair is the same but the original Little Sport was always about horses.

But then, I was born in the days of black & white ;)

Advertisement