Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need an architect

Options
  • 20-01-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am hoping to extend my kitchen into open plan dining living room. I had a cousin who is an architect do a plan for me. Due to the fact that he is living over two hours away he was unable to take it to the point where it was ready for tender. He put a lot of detail in the layout such as corner Windows doors position of stove kitchen layout rooflights and also some hand drawings of what it will look like from outside.
    Anyway he recommended that I take it to another architect to get it over the finish line. There is a small utility going on the side of the house so I will need planning permission.
    I decided as budget is tight to get a friends husband who is a civil engineer to finish it off. Over wo months on he told me during the week he can't do it.
    Who do I take it too now an architect, architect technician or another engineer? Extension 25sqm and existing kitchen 13sqm. It will require rsj. Budget is tight max €50,000 Have I am dreaming.
    Will an architect be very expensive though my cousin has a lot of work done. I am based in north tipp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jasperjudy

I am hoping to extend my kitchen to make it open plan kitchen living dinning.My cousin who is an architect has drawn up plans but they are not detailed enough to send out for tender.Having said that there isn't a huge amount to do to get them to that point. As he is living a few hours away he has done as much as he can.
    Anyway I need to get the plans finished. My cousin was pushing for another Architect to complete them but I am on a very tight budget. Hoping to extend by 25sqm and do work to existing kitchen is 13sqm. I have a budget of €48000 to do everything. Based in North tipp so hope we can get it up for that.
    What would an architect cost to finish someone else's plans as I love my cousins design. Would an engineer be cheaper or architect technican.
    Also have the added complication of planning permission required for a small utility at the side.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement