Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for Thailand

Options
  • 20-01-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi guys

I am going travelling to South East Asia and Hong Kong at the end of March for about 5 weeks. I have booked return flights from Bangkok that are 37 days apart. I only plan on staying in Thailand for about a week on arrival and then going to other countries. I would then only be returning to Bangkok for about a day to catch my return flight.

I know you can enter Thailand for 30 days without getting a visa beforehand, but because my return flight is more than 30 days apart I think I need to apply for a visa. I just want to make sure I apply for the right one - is it the single entry visa that I need to get?
    I was concerned I may need to get the multiple entry visa which costs €140 and had a lot of requirements so I'm hoping the single entry visa which costs €35 is ok.

Has anyone experience of this or can offer me any advice/information?

Thanks a mill!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Ho do you plan to leave Thailand after the first week? Will you flying out of Thailand to another South East Asia country or travelling overland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

hiyakeano wrote: »
    Hi guys

I am going travelling to South East Asia and Hong Kong at the end of March for about 5 weeks. I have booked return flights from Bangkok that are 37 days apart. I only plan on staying in Thailand for about a week on arrival and then going to other countries. I would then only be returning to Bangkok for about a day to catch my return flight.

I know you can enter Thailand for 30 days without getting a visa beforehand, but because my return flight is more than 30 days apart I think I need to apply for a visa. I just want to make sure I apply for the right one - is it the single entry visa that I need to get?
    I was concerned I may need to get the multiple entry visa which costs €140 and had a lot of requirements so I'm hoping the single entry visa which costs €35 is ok.

Has anyone experience of this or can offer me any advice/information?

Thanks a mill!

You don't need a visa at all. You get a visa for 30 days on arrival. When you leave the country you get an exit stamp and your visa is therefore finished. You'll be returning to get another flight and will get another 30 day visa when you arrive back in Thailand.

I've used Thailand as a base when travelling around Asia and flew in and out of there numerous times in short periods and have had no issues with visas.

Advertisement