Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can’t create folders any more an external hard drive

Options
  • 19-01-2018 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭

I use a USB external hard drive with my 2011 iMac as a media server. Has worked great up until today, when trying to add some tv shows, I notice that I can no longer create or drag folders to the hard drive, which will mess up my metadata as I’m using Plex as the media server.

The drive is formatted as Mac OS journaled and I’ve never had this problem before.

I can still write to it. I downloaded a folder with media on it and selected the “tv” folder and it downloaded to the drive no problem but the fact that I can’t manually add and manage folders will really mess things up for me.

Anybody got any ideas? I’ve had a google and the only answers I could find were that the external hard drive wasn’t formatted correctly but that isn’t the case with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Sorry guys got it sorted. Did an update and hey presto everything back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aidpears

You have to do checking on errors, and after try it again

Advertisement