Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding band

Options
  • 19-01-2018 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi. only recently after getting engaged and was just looking for any recommendations for wedding bands. wedding won't be till second half of next year. i know from personal experience that the band is one of the most important things at a wedding so was hoping to get as good as one as possible.

thanks for any help
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Farmerjo wrote: »
    hi. only recently after getting engaged and was just looking for any recommendations for wedding bands. wedding won't be till second half of next year. i know from personal experience that the band is one of the most important things at a wedding so was hoping to get as good as one as possible.

thanks for any help

I'd recommend The Great Escape. They did my cousin's wedding last month and I was well impressed. Good selection of tunes...not too loud either and did all of the formalities well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

A Few Good Men always get my vote :) They were a pleasure to deal with and did an amazing job playing at our wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Soul Purpose did mine and I thought they were excellent. Fantastic energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

We have Blue Moose booked
    They are pricey but blew everyone else we saw out of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

exaisle wrote: »
    I'd recommend The Great Escape. They did my cousin's wedding last month and I was well impressed. Good selection of tunes...not too loud either and did all of the formalities well too.

My sister had these guys - they were excellent. We didn't have a band - went with a dj instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Late Night Radio are unreal. Played my brothers wedding, my cousins wedding and my own! :-) brilliant! And so lovely to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

2 standouts for me were Redwood and Til Death Do us Party, both are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Panoramics are very good

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭miniroar

2morrows party if available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

May depend on where you are based if a band will travel. Deja Groove is an excellent band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Panic Animal - don't let the outlandish name put you off! They are excellent and have a great range of stuff, lovely to deal with. They did our wedding and ended up with a few more bookings as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cailin8877

Hi there - we have just booked our wedding for late Dec 2018, would we still be able to book a decent band? Oh I hope so!
    Any recommendations for ones based in the West Munster area (I’m not sure if bands automatically travel for gigs or if that is an additional cost)

I’m afraid I am totally ignorant on the prices of most things weddings related - for a decent enough band/dj how much would people think we would need to budget for?? We have literally just booked our venue so are just starting the booking process now. Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated!

cailin8877 wrote:
    Hi there - we have just booked our wedding for late Dec 2018, would we still be able to book a decent band? Oh I hope so! Any recommendations for ones based in the West Munster area (I’m not sure if bands automatically travel for gigs or if that is an additional cost)

Yeyyy its a fab time to get married! I got married on the 30th last year! Bands vary greatly I've seen prices from 1000 to 3500 or 4000! There are so so many good bands out there its daunting to try and find one. (I booked a band I'd seen at 3 weddings... Simples!) Try the Help Me I'm Getting Married facebook page - post your date and bands that are available will comment and you can youtube them or ask people about them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Yeyyy its a fab time to get married! I got married on the 30th last year! Bands vary greatly I've seen prices from 1000 to 3500 or 4000! There are so so many good bands out there its daunting to try and find one. (I booked a band I'd seen at 3 weddings... Simples!) Try the Help Me I'm Getting Married facebook page - post your date and bands that are available will comment and you can youtube them or ask people about them :-)

I'd be careful with that page as only some bands are active on there and it's usually members of the band or family of the band recommending them. I found that out when going to two different showcases and both occasions the person/people recommending the band was in the band.

As you say though loads of options and definitely go and see them live. I would have booked one band who I thought were outstanding based on their YouTube stuff but they were diabolical live.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

What kind of music are you into? The Vinyls and The Mixtape are 2 bands I'd highly recommend if you like anything slightly rocky or alternative. That's not to say that's the only kind of music they can do, but it's what they really excel at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

duffman13 wrote: »
    As you say though loads of options and definitely go and see them live. I would have booked one band who I thought were outstanding based on their YouTube stuff but they were diabolical live.

And conversely I've seen bands whose videos weren't very impressive but were deadly live!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

cailin8877 wrote: »
    Hi there - we have just booked our wedding for late Dec 2018, would we still be able to book a decent band? Oh I hope so!
    Any recommendations for ones based in the West Munster area (I’m not sure if bands automatically travel for gigs or if that is an additional cost)

I’m afraid I am totally ignorant on the prices of most things weddings related - for a decent enough band/dj how much would people think we would need to budget for?? We have literally just booked our venue so are just starting the booking process now. Any tips/info would be greatly appreciated!

We had The Pearls as our band, we got married in Wicklow but I think they were based in Cork. They were absolutely fantastic.
    Most bands will travel & include it in expenses when they give you a quote. I can't remember how much they were to be honest, but I think it was more than 2K!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

And conversely I've seen bands whose videos weren't very impressive but were deadly live!

This is true tbf although when searching and considering the number of options available, if they hadn't got a good video or samples of them playing then I wasn't risking an evening to go and see them. It was the hardest selection for our wedding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Transmitter very good and No Way Home depending on taste

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Springbreak every day of the week for me. They are incredible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

http://www.twistedhits.com/

Very open to tailoring to suit the music you want

duffman13 wrote:
    I'd be careful with that page as only some bands are active on there and it's usually members of the band or family of the band recommending them. I found that out when going to two different showcases and both occasions the person/people recommending the band was in the band.

Yes that's true actually, but it would give an idea of names of bands that are free that date and they could research from there :-)
    Springbreak every day of the week for me. They are incredible

They played at a friends wedding and were unreal! (Think they are on the higher end of the spectrum price wise)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cailin8877

Thank you all so much for the recommendations and for the tips - they have been really helpful and have been taking them all down!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Twisted ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 7 johncor

cailin8877 wrote: »

Try http://www.weddingmusicireland.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Maddy88

Hi all,

In a similar situation looking for a good band in Munster. Cailin8877, who did ye book in the end? I don’t want to spend weeks traveling around to gigs so any recommendations would be great.
    Thanks

Advertisement