Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Referencing - Assignments

Options
  • 19-01-2018 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I have a couple of assignments due end of this month.

Does anyone know what % is usually awarded for referencing?

One of my assignments is quite statistical - do I have to cite where I found the data for all of these i.e. percentages / figures

There’s quite a few and I feel I would end up with pages and pages of referencing.

Would not referencing be any form of plagiarising? I’m not quoting as such just lifting figures / stats from various sources.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

PopTarts wrote: »

Does anyone know what % is usually awarded for referencing?

It's very much discipline dependent.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Would not referencing be any form of plagiarising? I’m not quoting as such just lifting figures / stats from various sources.

Technically, if you use somebody else's work and present it as your own, that is plagiarism.

In your case, absolutely make sure you reference the figures and stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My college, references are worth 5% and it is expected that if you make a statement or use data or a fact you reference the source. Imo presenting statistics without referencing them means they are worthless.

Advertisement