Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Maura's : Where to now?

Options
  • 19-01-2018 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Hi,
    I started to investigate my adoption back in Oct 2016. I found out my records were with St. Maura's Adoption Society in Donegal. I sent them a query in regards the non-id information, but got very little back, as in her approx age and occupation. So i ask them to start a search on my behalf.

About 6 months went by and I heard nothing so I asked for an update, and I was told the Social Worker was on maternity leave and would be able to respond when she was back at work, which would be Oct 2017. Disappointed with the updated but I figured well i waited 43 years I can wait a few more months.

Then Oct came and went and no update, just as I was about to ask for and updated I get a letter in to say they have lost their funding and my file are being transferred to Tusla. As this was a bold out of the blue I was really annoyed and asked at least of an update with any developments in my trace and where exactly my files were going, but just got a stand reply back that they are closed now and nothing we can tell you.
    So over a year now wasted i feel.

Any pointers where I go next. Is it Tulsa or back to the AAI. Feel I am starting all over again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Depends on which TUSLA office are dealing with your file now. If it's Dublin you could be waiting a while but some of the more rural offices may not have as many on their waiting list. The AAI will probably refer you back to the relevant TUSLA office - they did with my husband anyway. I'd request to be seen as priority given you were on a waiting list already - no harm in asking.

In the meantime have you tried to do any research yourself? Have you registered with the National Adoption Contact Preference Register? Have you been to the GRO to look for a possible birth Cert? If you get time it's worth starting your own trace.

Advertisement